this may seem a stupid question but...

Guest nicandchris

Guest nicandchris

As originally i was applying for a 457 visa i sent off for nursing registration to ahpra at the end of jan 11. As im now thinking of the 176 visa does my inital nursing application count as the skills assessment? dah but i have no idea:huh:

Unfortunately not! You will still need the ANMC to assess your skills and a positive letter of determination from them, in order to lodge your 176. However, I'm not too sure of the finer details, but there are 2 types of assessment, one is the full and the other is the modified (which may apply to you if already registered??). Check out the ANMC website and e-mail them if necessary. I found them quite helpful and quick to respond.

It's all a minefield isn't it? If you had done the ANMC first they would have forwarded your documents to AHPRA, but obviously things have changed for you.

All the best!:)

Guest nicandchris

hI Just to say thanks, i contacted ANMAC over the weekend and received an answer today. They say that i can apply for the modified assessment (although quoted that only nz and au nurses can do this?) Anyway looking at it i only have to get the nmc to send a statement of service again, get a couple of docs certed, get another reference from my manager and hr before i can apply forthis. Its a bit of a pain but more painless than the full anyway.so once again thanks for the advice!

nicQUOTE=tean;166339]Unfortunately not! You will still need the ANMC to assess your skills and a positive letter of determination from them, in order to lodge your 176. However, I'm not too sure of the finer details, but there are 2 types of assessment, one is the full and the other is the modified (which may apply to you if already registered??). Check out the ANMC website and e-mail them if necessary. I found them quite helpful and quick to respond.

It's all a minefield isn't it? If you had done the ANMC first they would have forwarded your documents to AHPRA, but obviously things have changed for you.

All the best!:)