Shipping Costs

Guest The Standrings

Guest The Standrings

Hi

While I am annoying everybody with questions of furniture or no furniture. Can anyone help give me a rough estimate of shipping costs please?? Or some companies I can contact. We would be bringing

10 boxes of personal possessions

1 x couch

1 x washer

1 x american fridge freezer

1 x kingsize bed

1 x junior bed

1 x cot

2 x tv

and not much else! Thanks!!!:err:

HI , well we shipped a full 5 bed bungalow from Scotland to Adelaide everything we could take other than a car went into a 20 foot container, with a cost with insurance customs quarantine , etc for £3.5 k . would recommend filling a full container if you can because all white goods are very expensive as is all kind of bedding , towels, , im sure a lot of others on here will tell you much the same, maybe more expensive to ship now VAT has jumped to 20%, we shipped only last September, 8 weeks door to door was a local company so no good to you i guess, also give Pickfords a call they are very good im hearing from others that used them . Give you a start , im sure others on ere will mention more . All the best.

Guest Mizzmp

We spoke to Anglo Pacific last year and they said it would be around £3,000 to pack up a 3 bed terraced house. I wish we were ready to phone them and pack! They did say that they pack the whole lot for you for that price which is brilliant as less hassel for me.

We did lots of research and listened to loads of advice about shipping. We decided that it was definetly better to take everything we could with us, and in a sole use 20' container.

We had Pickfords, Burkes, Doree Bonner, John Masons & Robinsons come round to survey our stuff, give us advice and a quote. They all came across as being very professional and offered a similar service. The price ranged from £3.500 to £4.200 plus insurance.

A couple of them gave us a comparison quote for a part load, and this was not much cheaper than having a full container.

(this was only 3 weeks ago, and is not subject to VAT)

Hope this helps

Paul

Guest Amanda12

Can i jump on this thread please?

This may be a daft question but does the furniture go fully constructed or do you have to deconstruct some things, also if they pack for you do you need to empty furniture or do they take it full? Thanks. A

Hi Amanda,

Furniture goes fully constructed, unless it it something that can sensibly be deconstructed. (if that makes any sense).

E.g. we have bunk beds that I built, so they will be flatpacked again. Everything else remains built. Things like wardrobes with lots of space inside them have to be emptied, with the contents packaged up by the haulage company. However, they can be filled with light bulky things, such as duvets, pillows etc...

We havent been through the process yet, but that is what the sales guys told us would happen.

Paul

Guest Deano1970
HI , well we shipped a full 5 bed bungalow from Scotland to Adelaide everything we could take other than a car went into a 20 foot container, with a cost with insurance customs quarantine , etc for £3.5 k . would recommend filling a full container if you can because all white goods are very expensive as is all kind of bedding , towels, , im sure a lot of others on here will tell you much the same, maybe more expensive to ship now VAT has jumped to 20%, we shipped only last September, 8 weeks door to door was a local company so no good to you i guess, also give Pickfords a call they are very good im hearing from others that used them . Give you a start , im sure others on ere will mention more . All the best.

Hi we had Anglo Pacific come out 2 wks ago, 2bed mid terrace 20ft full container £4632 door to door. have got pss,debonner and burke bros coming out on 29th will update with qoutes. Booking flights for 22/09/11