Where to live in Adelaide!!!!

Guest helene73

Guest helene73

:D Hi guys just hoping someone can help me on this! Just doing some research on where to live in Adelaide and me and the OH have decided we would like to live near to the CBD to begin with, but which are the best areas around there to live?

We are both 38 and have no kids so are not worried about schools ect. We feel that we would like to live in the heart of the city to get to know it before moving to the suburbs or where ever, can anyone advice me where i would best be looking at :)

Guest mquinn

Hi,

My OH and I had the same idea. Norwood/Parkside/unley nice. North Adelaide is mean't to be nice too but there was not much to view there when we were looking.

Good shops, restaurants,pubs in Norwood on the Parade (colonist good for food!). Both fairly close to CBD, although walk in from east side through the east parklands is lovely and nicer than the walk in from the south.

xx

Guest helene73
Hi,

My OH and I had the same idea. Norwood/Parkside/unley nice. North Adelaide is mean't to be nice too but there was not much to view there when we were looking.

Good shops, restaurants,pubs in Norwood on the Parade (colonist good for food!). Both fairly close to CBD, although walk in from east side through the east parklands is lovely and nicer than the walk in from the south.

xx

Cheers for that will have a good look on the net, they do sound ideal :) how far along in the process are you? X

I like Unley a lot. Some gorgeous old style houses there. And not far to CBD and the parklands if you find a place on the side nearest.

My hubby used to live a few minutes walk from the Central Market and then a short walk down to the South Terrace side parklands. Used to take no time at all to walk into the main shopping area and round. The down side was it was noisy with traffic, even down a side street, gardens seemed a lot smaller (we had a shoebox sized one) and the heat seemed more intense, I guess just being *in* the city does that. O and expensive for houses, renting and buying.

Guest helene73
I like Unley a lot. Some gorgeous old style houses there. And not far to CBD and the parklands if you find a place on the side nearest.

My hubby used to live a few minutes walk from the Central Market and then a short walk down to the South Terrace side parklands. Used to take no time at all to walk into the main shopping area and round. The down side was it was noisy with traffic, even down a side street, gardens seemed a lot smaller (we had a shoebox sized one) and the heat seemed more intense, I guess just being *in* the city does that. O and expensive for houses, renting and buying.

I will check that out for sure, I love old style architecture, I just feel that we ain't ready for the suburbs just yet!!! I like in the town centre of scarborough and I am used to noise. Thanks for the advice :) x

Guest helene73
I will check that out for sure, I love old style architecture, I just feel that we ain't ready for the suburbs just yet!!! I like in the town centre of scarborough and I am used to noise. Thanks for the advice :) x

That was supposed to say live lol