Medicals - North East England

Guest Louby Lou

Guest Louby Lou

We will need to have our medicals at some point this year, could anyone give me an idea as to how much it will cost (2 adults & 1 child aged 5) and where the centres are located - would prefer to go to a centre in the north east (uk) if possible.

Thanks in advance to all!

Guest karyn1

We had our medicals in Edinburgh, ( they did say there that some of the people came as far as from Newcastle there, don't know if that would be where you would go?). Our total price for 2 adults and 2 children under 5 was £789 and that included xrays.

Guest Guest6899

Hi have a look at United Kingdom – Panel Doctors we decided to book at Manchester rather than Brum as it was cheaper so worth shopping around. It is difficult for people to state cost as it depends on different factors. do you work in the medical profession?? if so you need additional blood tests. Your child will be cheaper as i dont think they will require an x-ray nor bloods, Ours all in all will be around £1090, but our circumstances are completely different to yours. It has worked out much more than i thought.

Lisa

Hi louby lou

I am from Newcastle and I had to go to Manchester for my second medical. We were going to go to Ediburgh but they were more expensive. We have family in Glasgow and it worked out cheaper to drive to Manchester for the day than go to Edinburgh.

It may have been cheaper because it ws my second time...lol

I had my first ones done in Denton Burn in Newcastle

Good luck with it all

Hi louby lou

I am from Newcastle and I had to go to Manchester for my second medical. We were going to go to Ediburgh but they were more expensive. We have family in Glasgow and it worked out cheaper to drive to Manchester for the day than go to Edinburgh.

It may have been cheaper because it ws my second time...lol

I had my first ones done in Denton Burn in Newcastle

Good luck with it all

Hi R175, We are from Co Durham and originally had our meds done at Newcastle, they are two years old now. Do we need to do them all again? Rachel has tatoo so had to have extra blood test will she have to do these again as well?

Cheers Stephen

Guest Guest6899
Hi R175, We are from Co Durham and originally had our meds done at Newcastle, they are two years old now. Do we need to do them all again? Rachel has tatoo so had to have extra blood test will she have to do these again as well?

Cheers Stephen

Hi, I thought medicals only lasted for a year??

Lisa

Cheers Stephen

Yes you would have to re ro your medicals as they are only valid for one year.

Cheers Stephen

Hi Stephen69

If you have not sent them off then you will have to do the lot again mate I think. I had to do mine only for medical issues but they still charged me for what they would for a full medical even though it was just a recheck. I too have tattoo's but never had to redo blood test's (thank god, I a petrified of needles...lol).

My wife and kids did not have to redo their mess as they were all fine and dandy.

Not sure if that makes sense or helps at all mate...sorry :arghh::biglaugh:

Guest Louby Lou

Thanks for all your posts - hopefully we'll be able to take them in Denton Burn as we live in Sunderland so it isnt too far to travel!

I'm gonna wait until they are requested as knowing my luck the visa system will get revamped again and we will expire before they are requested. Was there much of a wait from contacting the health centre to getting an actual appointment?

Guest Guest6899
I just posted a thread on med costs. I phoned up Birmingham today and they do Adults at £275 and £70 for children

Dont forget any extras you may require, e.g bloods.

Lisa

Thanks for all your posts - hopefully we'll be able to take them in Denton Burn as we live in Sunderland so it isnt too far to travel!

I'm gonna wait until they are requested as knowing my luck the visa system will get revamped again and we will expire before they are requested. Was there much of a wait from contacting the health centre to getting an actual appointment?

Hi Louby Lou I think they no longer do them at Newcastle. Manchester for us I think for second time.

Guest Guest6899
Is that price for all the tests and x rays or are they separate?? I'm going to ring round on Monday for some prices.

Sharons dream x

Im sure bloods were extra + if you want it sending electronically there is an extra charge for that also.

Lisa