medicals

trevorpayne

Go to DIAC webite- click on CHECK PROGRESS OF AN APPLICATION- then select GENERAL SKILLED MIGRATION APPLICATION on that page- a box will open up and you need to enter your TRN number that you were given when you applied online (usully 11 letters and numbers in capitals)- enter your date of birth, passport number and current citizenship.

You can now join the rest of us that check this every morning and more!!! All the best:)

I think we are paper based, I may have to phone diac just to make sure they have not forgotten about me.

Hi there

Which visa have you applied for, please, and when did you do your medicals?

When you did the meds, did the Panel Doctor say anything to suggest that s/he thought there might be a meds problem?

Cheers

Gill

Applied for a 176 visa, meds on the 9th of March had to do a second blood test on the 14th of March.

Received by DIAC yesterday.

The doctors told us everything was fine apart from a cock up with the blood test, I think they let you know if there is a problem or thats what they said at Manchester.

Good luck with your progress.

Trev 39 Vicki 39 Lauren 10.

Applied for a 176 visa, meds on the 9th of March had to do a second blood test on the 14th of March.

The doctors told us everything was fine apart from a cock up with the blood test, I think they let you know if there is a problem or thats what they said at Manchester.

Hi TP

The Health Operations Centre in Sydney process the meds for applicants for the sc 176 visa. The 176 visa application is processed by the Adelaide Skilled Processing Centre..... some distance from Sydney!

The Medical Officers of the Commonwealth (a team of about 10 doctors) are based at the HOC in Sydney. When the Panel Doctor has ticked Box A on Form 26, the clerical staff at the HOC can confirm by themselves that the visa meds are OK. They can in-put this directly into the visa application because everything is computerised and DIAC's computer is in Canberra. It just has "slave" computers dotted around different parts of Oz and the rest of the world.

If the Panel Doctor ticks Box B on Form 26 then the file has to be sent to one of the MOC doctors. The doctor then completes an internal form called Form 884, to say whether or not the person meets the Health requirement for the visa that has been sought. Form 884 then has to be sent to the CO in Adelaide. The convoluted rigmarole is so that DIAC's internal auditors can be happy that every i has been dotted and t has been crossed.

In 2006, the Australian National Audit Office sent a team to the HOC, to investigate DIAC's "Administration of the Health Requirement for Migration." The ANAO were so scathing about the chaotic shambles that they discovered, it shows remarkable restraint on their part that they didn't call it DIAC's Maladministration etc, I reckon.

http://www.anao.gov.au/uploads/documents/2006-07_Audit_Report_37.pdf

One of the joys about this maladministration is that by 2009, when I last phoned the HOC myself to get to the bottom of why some extra medical documents had still not been processed, I was just as appalled as the ANAO people were.

I said to the numpty at the HOC, "Where are the extra medical papers for Bloggs Jr, please? They were sent to you six weeks ago by air courier from the UK and I can prove that they were delivered to the HOC, so where are they because Mr Bloggs is getting anxious about the delay and the continuing silence?" I was told that the HOC had no system for logging the incoming paperwork. Apparently they would not know where the missing paperwork might be until they had found it, got an MOC doctor to check it and then the result would be processed into their system. Till then, the HOC couldn't help.

I was not satisfied so I gave up on the numpty and rang the direct dial number for Dr Douglas, who is DIAC's Chief Medical Officer of the Commonwealth. Luckily for him, he was out or I would have pasted both of his ears to the sides of his head. I got one of the other MOC doctors, who clearly thought that he might get away with shoving me back onto the numpty until I made it clear to him that if he tried that, I would keep phoning the private direct dial number for the next several hours until between them, the staff in the HOC had found the missing meds documents for Bloggs.

The MOC doctor realised that I meant it, so he transferred me to one of the HOC's Team Leaders instead. She was very helpful and said she would arrange an immediate search at her end for the extra meds papers. I said that I would ask the visa applicant to phone this Team Leader in the meantime, since he knew what all the documents were, what they looked like etc. Between them, the applicant and the Team Leader found the missing documents and the Team Leader said that she would send them upstairs to the MOC doctors, marked "urgent."

That did the trick. The meds were then processed, finalised and the visa was granted about a fortnight later. Hopefully, by now, the HOC have figured out that it is a good idea to log documents as and when they are received because otherwise they'll just finish up gathering dust somewhere unless one is careful.

Panel Doctors Gateway

The HOC's phone number is (02) 8 666 5777 so from the UK you dial 0061 28 666 5777. I don't recommend phoning unless you are feeling strong because your inclination to strangle the numpty on the other end might be enough to make you feel ill! You can send an ordinary e-mail to health.operations.centre@immi.gov.au if you don't want to use the on-line form. You need to give them as much information as you possibly can - your full name and date of birth, the visa application number etc.

However give it a few weeks before doing anything because it is not worth getting entangled with the HOC if it is possible to avoid bothering, and they have not necessarily (as yet) introduced a more intelligent method of dealing with incoming information. It sounds to me as if the HOC's clerical staff will just process the new blood test and the rest of your family's meds under Box A, in which case it should all be finalised within a couple of weeks.

Cheers

Gill

Funny that i had same problem meds on 4march. had to redo blood test on 11 March in Manchester. Hubby and two children showing finalised mine and other two children showing outstanding. Have not got a clue why they were all sent together.

Guest w.lomas

Hi ,

I completed Medicals and police checks by 18th March 2011, all has been sent to Diac, medicals have been finalised on e visa web site to date .Can any body advise me on whether i should email my case officer to inform him theyve been uploaded or will he be a ware of the situation.

Kind regards Will.

Hi ,

I completed Medicals and police checks by 18th March 2011, all has been sent to Diac, medicals have been finalised on e visa web site to date .Can any body advise me on whether i should email my case officer to inform him theyve been uploaded or will he be a ware of the situation.

Kind regards Will.

I dont think there would be any harm in emailing just to confirm that there is no documents outstanding.

Guest keith&ju

Anyone any idea how long you are kept waiting for the final decision? Police checks submitted & received beg March; medical reports received by DIAC and 'medical requirements finalised' on 15/3/11. It's now over 2 weeks! We can't sleep!:arghh:

phoned DIAC on Tuesday night they said meds have arrived and look fine but no sign of police report or extra info requiring daughters birth certificate.

Phoned our agent to chase it up I will buzz him again tomorrow.

So just sat waiting as usual,looking at all the others with their visas being processed driving me nuts.

Good luck for tomorrow.

Guest WAITINGAME
We have got the nod today that we have our visas. Dont know what I will do now I dont need to post things on here.

I may need councelling.

Booking the one way ticket next week for Sept .

Let us know how things go for you all.

Good luck Trev Vicki and Lauren

Congratulations....thats great news !!

Keep intouch with all your plans

Lindsey

Guest WAITINGAME
Cheers we hope you have your visas through shortly.

PS The rabbits nose has now stopped twitching.

All the best .

Am sure it will start twitching again nearer the time.....!!! lots of planning to do now!

What are your plans now ? areas etc?

hoping to take a short term rental for 2-3 weeks.

Then hoping to find a long term rental around Hallet Cove,Noarlunga, Christies Beach, Morphett Vale.

From what I can gather there is a bit of a housing market decline and prices are starting to drop.

Hope this is the case as it will even things out with the money we have lost on our house plus the poor exchange rate.

o

Guest ebstar
Go to DIAC webite- click on CHECK PROGRESS OF AN APPLICATION- then select GENERAL SKILLED MIGRATION APPLICATION on that page- a box will open up and you need to enter your TRN number that you were given when you applied online (usully 11 letters and numbers in capitals)- enter your date of birth, passport number and current citizenship.

You can now join the rest of us that check this every morning and more!!! All the best:)

Hi, i don't know if you can help but i clicked on check progress of an application on the diac site.I can't find anywhere saying general skilled migration on the page that comes up.I have been looking for a couple of days now with no luck.Is there another route that i haven't found or is it normal for this site to have issues? Ebstar

Guest ebstar
Go straight to the DIAC main page in the right hand corner there is a box with on line sevices 4th option down check visa progress online.

You can only do this though if your visa is an online application you then need your TRN number I hope this helps you.

Hi, thanks for that.It's the same box i have tried for the last couple of days. I have just tried again and it worked this time. Thanks