Medical cost Birmingham v good

chrisfen46

Well have had a look around and have found Birmingham med center are doing meds for £275 for adults inc x rays and bloods and £70 each for children. Got phone number from diac web site.Just look under panel doctors.Birmingham can also process application online. This is where i will be going.

Well have had a look around and have found Birmingham med center are doing meds for £275 for adults inc x rays and bloods and £70 each for children. Got phone number from diac web site.Just look under panel doctors.Birmingham can also process application online. This is where i will be going.

We had ours in Manchester last week with Dr Smith Adults £120 + £80 for xrays ,Children under 11 £65,courier for results sendind £12 each or £40 family of 4 or more,

Blood tests if needed HIV £27,Hep B £29 Hep C £39, the clinic is just off Deansgate with easy parking. Ours took about an hour for both of us.

Guest Steph&Lee

Hi everyone,

am i adding this up wrong???

Birmingham £275 inc xray & bloods

But doesnt manchester add up to £295 inc xray and bloods????

confused ??????

Steph

Guest Guest6899
Hi everyone,

confused ??????

Steph

Hiya matey, I phoned both and Manchester came out cheaper, I dont think the £275 includes bloods i was told they were £35 each per person basic bloods?? + you will also need HIV, HEP B & C all at extra cost. I was told Manchesters were £120 for meds + £75 cxr total £195, basic bloods £27 each + Hep, B, C & HIV between £29 & £39 each. If you want to send it electronically Brum want £40 but Manchester wanted £80!!. May be worth double checking as i had had serious paperwork overload by the time i phoned them.

Weve booked for Manchester as counting the pennies even with petrol its still cheaper + i can get some retail therapy at the Trafford centre!!, lol

Lisa x

Guest RichandHelen
We used a place just off the M5 called Handsworth Wood when we did ours...they did everything i mean everything bloods the lot...and they were alot cheaper than a more local place in Gloucester....we drove 34/40 mins the M5.

Great service

HG

well done for getting out of handsworth alive and with all wheels still on car too!:)

Hiya matey, I phoned both and Manchester came out cheaper, I dont think the £275 includes bloods i was told they were £35 each per person basic bloods?? + you will also need HIV, HEP B & C all at extra cost. I was told Manchesters were £120 for meds + £75 cxr total £195, basic bloods £27 each + Hep, B, C & HIV between £29 & £39 each. If you want to send it electronically Brum want £40 but Manchester wanted £80!!. May be worth double checking as i had had serious paperwork overload by the time i phoned them.

Weve booked for Manchester as counting the pennies even with petrol its still cheaper + i can get some retail therapy at the Trafford centre!!, lol

Lisa x

Hi baggienurse, when's your meds booked for?

Guest Guest6899
Hi baggienurse, when's your meds booked for?

Hi Sharon ours are booked for the 13th April, could have got them in next week but was easier to wait until that date.

Iv just looked at my figures again and i think the Brum figure includes bloods and the £35 is the extras required but its still more expenive than Manchester at my recognings!!

Lisa

Guest Guest6899
Hi everyone,

confused ??????

Steph

Iv just re added and got Brum £275 basic boods, medical & xray, extra bloods £35 each. Manchester £222 everything extra bloods between £29, £39. Cant remember if Manchester offered a child discount, i didnt note it.

Guest Guest6899
We had ours in Manchester last week with Dr Smith Adults £120 + £80 for xrays ,Children under 11 £65,courier for results sendind £12 each or £40 family of 4 or more,

Blood tests if needed HIV £27,Hep B £29 Hep C £39, the clinic is just off Deansgate with easy parking. Ours took about an hour for both of us.

Hi jimmyskinner, weve booked ours for Manchester can i ask. Do you go in one at a time? there has been some dodge posts where i have imagined us all as a family just standing around in our underwear being examined?? my 15yr old boy would be mortified not to mention me during the breast examination!! lol

Guest Guest6899
Here are the phone numbers for birmingham med centre 01215 231 807 & for manchester 0161 839 0899. As for who is the cheapest it all depends on how far away you live from either one as you have the expense of getting there.

Yes i agree, and how old your family are and what profession your in. Its something you need to call and dertermine your own situation. For us even with driving into Manchester rather than Brum were still a good £100 cheaper.

Booked our meeds today at Birmingham. It is going to cost 275 for adults and 70 per child that includes x Ray and HIV test. You only need hep c if you are in the medical profession and hep b if you have any piercing other than ears or tattoos. Courier costs are including in the price. Compared to Manchester for our family it worked out about 25 pound cheaper but it was further for us to travel. I have booked ours at Birmingham on 5th April x

Hi jimmyskinner, weve booked ours for Manchester can i ask. Do you go in one at a time? there has been some dodge posts where i have imagined us all as a family just standing around in our underwear being examined?? my 15yr old boy would be mortified not to mention me during the breast examination!! lol

Hi 2 of us went in together he just closed the curtain when he did Jaynes breast examthen after jayne had finished he sent her downstairs for chest exrays while i had my medical ,dont worry its a piece of p*ss !!

You should be given privacy during an exam. Its not the middle ages and you all have to stand in the same room in your undies. There are such things as curtains and screens. And also gowns. If you are not happy about something to do with your dignity/privacy for yourself or your family, speak up and ask them to give you another gown or let you go behind a screen to get changed or whatever it is. Don't just sit there and feel awkward and say nothing

:)

Do they really do a breast examination ?????. if so will a female dr do it or not ???

Afaik its if you are over a certain age (someone posted and said over 40).

You can always request a female doctor if you wish I'd have thought. You don't *have* to let a male doctor examine you. Or if you don't mind a male doc you can ask for a female member of staff to be present also. In fact, a male doc should have a female staff member present during an intimate exam iirc (at least that is my understanding when having other stuff done in hospitals, standard procedure it seems now). TBH though, its 5 minutes out of your life and you'll never see them again. And as a Doc they will have seen it all before. I just tend to put modesty aside and get on with things like this. I'd request a second person there if one isn't already is about it.

Personally I never just sit there and say nothing if I am not comfortable with a medical situation. I've refused a male doc before (didn't like him personally so no way was I letting him near me) and asked for another doc, didn't mind if male or female then. And also asked for a second person in the room during an exam. They called a nurse in. Wasn't for a medical for Aussie visa but I'd surely think the code of practice now is much more considerate toward the patient in terms of dignity and so on.

• 4 weeks later...

We had ours in Birmingham on the 6th April, and still waiting to hear back from them! They said it would take 12 days to get the results then they would courier them to Sydney (our eHealth wasnt working!), by the 14th day we still hadnt heard a thing. Called them again and they said they were sending them on the 21st by courier...still not got any confirmation or tacking number by email. HURRY UP!!

Had medicals 15/03/11 ,you only hear from them if there is a problem after two weeks.......if you don't hear after 2 weeks then everything is ok. My partner was present during examination,breast exam done in private behind a screen, no problem,very easy,no worries!!!!

We had our medicals done in Manchester coming from Leeds, 5mins in a taxi from Picadilly to Deansgate just over a fiver cant grumble even for a yorkshireman.- it takes around an hour on foot-trust us we know.

Dr Smith is fantastic and cant do enough for you, a big thankyou to him-