Certifying documents for 176 Visa

Guest owenker4

Guest owenker4

Hi

I have recently been accepted for SS for SA :D and I am now wanting to lodge my 176 visa, im sure this question has been asked hundreds of times, but I have heard you can scan and attach coloured documents and they don't need to be certified??? Is this true does anyone know...... Also for the documents that do need certifying who did people contact? We also have to send passport size photos (which im sure everyone has had too) who did you get to certify the likeness?? and then did you just scan them and attach online??

Any advice on this would be greatly appeciated thanks Neil & Kerry

Hi Neil & Kerry,

yes you can scan and attach all documents which have any kind of colour in them, this also applies for your passport photo too, just attach it as a jpeg, you have to send your bio page from your passport, think they might be able to tell it's you. I didn't get any documents certified, I did send quite a lot of photocopies, I thought they may come back to me and ask for certified copies but they didn't. When I had to get stuff certified for my skills assessment I used a solicitor who charged me £5 a signature.

Hope this help, good luck.

Sharon

Guest jaxndel

We had to have some certified. Basically the ones that were almost black and white. They will soon let you know if they have any problems with them. Most of ours were ok though so I am sure yours will be fine. Good luck!!

Guest Mizzmp

We are just starting our online 176 visa application and i note you can upload your docs. Do we then have to post the hardcopies like we did for Vetassess/sponsorship? I am doing our application as cannot afford an agent. Yikes!

Also, its says there are 2 instalments for the visa. I assume you pay the first one when you apply online but when do you pay the second?

Thanks.

The Wise Family

Davo - Bricklayer

Chloe - Care Worker

Joe - Teen

Matt - Teen

Jack - cheeky 7 yr old

VETASSESS passed Feb 11

SS - docs rcvd today!

Visa - we wish but will apply asap

Guest Adelaide_bound

Also, its says there are 2 instalments for the visa. I assume you pay the first one when you apply online but when do you pay the second?

The second installment is if you have dependents that don't speak english I believe, so for most UK families aren't an issue (although, as always, I stand to be corrected :D ).

• 2 months later...
Guest pixie7

Ooh I'm sorry but still getting my head around documents to be certified! Got most sorted but Ive got a fair few payslips that I've printed out that were emails. Does each one need certifying? Or can I do a cover sheet?

Hi Helen,

Each payslip will need certifying unless its in colour, which will mean you can just scan and attach them. It is a pain, but in my experience they did need as much evidence for work experience as possible. Just a thought actually, do you have P60's? I sent my last 3 then just a recent payslip (along with references) which was alot easier than digging out my payslips. Or, if your wage goes into your account, then one bank statement for every 3 months will also be acceptable. Good luck!

Lisa ;o)