Applying for Jobs in Adelaide

Guest GR8WHU

Guest GR8WHU

Hi everyone,

This is a fantastic site for answering the mass of questions you have when making the decision to move to Australia. It is a scary and stressul process, particularly if money is tight!

One question I haven't managed to get answered is should I be trying to apply for jobs before I submitted my application.

My immigration agent has advised not to until my state sponsored permanent visa application is submitted.

My problem is that my 45th birthday is at the end of July and so need to ensure my application is submitted before then.

Is this reasonable advice from the agent or are they spinning me a line.

Thanks

Paul

Guest garlic--bread

I'm waiting to hear from a migration agent as we speak as been let down by a previous one (think they've recently gone bust as no one answers my emails!), going down the RSMS route and trying to get the ball rolling as I'm 45 in September!!

Russ

Hi all, for those like myself rapidly approaching 45yrs old & undecided, take comfort from a reply from Go matilda after my enquiry....

"The age limit for general skilled migration is still 44.

It is anticipated that the age threshold will increase to 49 when a new points test is introduced on 01/07/2011"

This may give people like me a bit more breathing space....Paul.