State Sponsorship

mawsnmorgs

Easy - go to the South Oz website and see what it says about itself and then explain how this relates to your family. So you can go on about smaller city good place to raise kids (mention the areas you have looked at), cheaper housing, climate (so good for your family which enjoys outdoor activities etc), accessibility to other states, events, good schooling, etc etc.

Guest Opportunities

Hi,

We visited Adelaide in September 2010 and when writing the short essay, we quoted what we experienced. I agree with Zoot, take your own family into consideration and expand on what you would enjoy in South Australia. Have a look at their website re all the regions in South Australia.

Great public transport, affordable housing, excellent education, parks for children to run free, scenic beaches, great climate, wineries etc.

Good luck.

Regards

Thanks Zoot. That's kind of where I was going with it, but it didn't seem 'official' enough, if that makes any sense? The bottom line for us is that it really is all about the family - the reason for us wanting to move. We know we will have to work as hard as we do now, if not harder, to make a good life out there, but it's what is left for the family at the end of the working day/week that is the pull. The idea of us all spending time together in the parks or at the beach and soaking up the culture instead of being soaked in rain/spending time indoors with the central heating on... My 8 year old daughter is sooo excited at the very thought of actually playing out on a regular basis! Putting this kind of thing forward seems so insignificant, but I can see how expanding on what the move would mean to us and more specifically why SA, is what we need to do.

Thanks again...

Just include enough specifics that shows you have researched Adelaide and you will be fine. Adelaide is a very family focused city so really focus on your family and its interests. Your daughter is going to be so spoiled for choice with playing outside - except on the really hot days when everyone lies low there are so many parks set up for children with playground equipment, BBQ facilities for the family, beautiful sandy beaches, and being a much smaller city it is easier to get around.

....The bottom line for us is that it really is all about the family - the reason for us wanting to move. We know we will have to work as hard as we do now, if not harder, to make a good life out there, but it's what is left for the family at the end of the working day/week that is the pull. The idea of us all spending time together in the parks or at the beach and soaking up the culture instead of being soaked in rain/spending time indoors with the central heating on... My 8 year old daughter is sooo excited at the very thought of actually playing out on a regular basis!

I reckon put exactly what you've written there and you won't go far wrong! Perhaps a little bit about why SA fits those needs better than elsewhere in Australia (not too humid, friendly, good schools etc) but other than that, the above would persuade me to give you a big tick!

Just got the thumbs up re the Vetassess practical assessment. Now starting on State Sponsorship. Not sure how to do the bit about 'why SA? max. 200 words' - I don't think 'cos it is better than sunny Barnsley' will suffice...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hiya

We came over on a State Sponsored visa last year, if it helps i can email you the doc that we sent as part of our application. I'm sure I've still got it.

Laurie

Hi, I'm worrying about this as well, just waiting for IELTS results and then can submit... Laurie would you mind awfully emailing your statement to me as well? would be a great help to know if i'm on the right lines!

Many thanks!

Hi, I'm worrying about this as well, just waiting for IELTS results and then can submit... Laurie would you mind awfully emailing your statement to me as well? would be a great help to know if i'm on the right lines!

Many thanks!

First thing is don't worry. I think they want you to show that you have done your research and that you can see how you think you will integrate in SA.

I'll send the doc to you both. No worries.

Laurie

Guest alex27

hey there-not sure if someone has said this, but it's 200 words per box, doesn't have to be 200 in total. I wrote about things like climate (not as hot as rest of oz), outdoor lifestyle, cost of living compared to cities like Melbourne & Sydney. I also wrote about how I would go about registering as a teacher in the state and schools that use the same curriculum that I teach. I also wrote about a Masters program that looks amazing at the uni in Adelaide...Also talked about the year that I spent down under when I was younger and how much I loved Australia and have missed it over the years...hope that helps and good luck!!

Guest alex27

hey there, i have been working in IB (international baccalaureate) schools for the past 5 years. There are lots in South Australia, but many schools use the state curriculum as well. i just said that I had researched IB schools in SA as well as looking into how to teach in state schools. I really hope there are jobs there as I have heard on some posts that they are hard to find! good luck with your ss! have you had skills assessed yet? x

Hi Alex,

Im also a Primary teacher and about to apply for SS. Can I ask, how did you find out about what schools deliver the same curriculum as where you teach? Do all schools in SA not follow the same curriculum?

Thanks,

Lisa ;o)