Medicals referred

Guest hughescl

Guest hughescl

Hi everyone

Does anyone know what "medicals referred" means, we had our on the 16th and was asked to provide further information on TB that I had 28 years ago which I did last week and this was sent to Syndey online. I have checked this morning and it is still showing my details as referred and all other say received. Does anyone else have experience of this? Feeling very worried Claire

Guest Nick11
Hi everyone

Does anyone know what "medicals referred" means, we had our on the 16th and was asked to provide further information on TB that I had 28 years ago which I did last week and this was sent to Syndey online. I have checked this morning and it is still showing my details as referred and all other say received. Does anyone else have experience of this? Feeling very worried Claire

Australia is paranoid about TB......they will be checking up on that. Hubby had a shadow on his lung and they were worried about it being TB. He had to sign a medical undertaking to go to the chest clinic once a year for x-rays. Went for 3 years and nothing changed and was signed off last year. Your visa grant will take a little longer to come through. I wouldn't be too concerned.

Guest hughescl
Australia is paranoid about TB......they will be checking up on that. Hubby had a shadow on his lung and they were worried about it being TB. He had to sign a medical undertaking to go to the chest clinic once a year for x-rays. Went for 3 years and nothing changed and was signed off last year. Your visa grant will take a little longer to come through. I wouldn't be too concerned.

Thanks, my chest x-ray was clear so I hope that goes some way to reassure them that I am fine, it was 28 years ago and I had 2 years treatment at the time and given the all clear so I hope that's enough Claire

Guest t4top
Hi everyone

We were in the same boat as you up until yesterday. We did our medicals on 23rd February and was told by the doctors that we are o.k

However my medicals was referred on the 7th March while the rest of the family was finalised. I have high blood pressure but I do take medications to control it so I assumed that was the reason for the referral. I sent an e-mail to my CO to find out why it was reffred and how soon we have to wait but he just told us to wait for it to be cleared. I even phone HCO in Sydney and was told there is a back log and we just have to wait.

To cut the story short, I woke up yesterday morning and called HCO again around 3.00am and was then told that my medicals has now been finalised since Saturaday. I was very happy but that did not prepare us for the shoch this morning when I opened my mail and found that our CO has sent us an e-mail.

We have been approved and our visa has been granted today. We are over the moon so just hang in there. Everything will be fine in the end but I know how you feel.

Guest hughescl
We were in the same boat as you up until yesterday. We did our medicals on 23rd February and was told by the doctors that we are o.k

However my medicals was referred on the 7th March while the rest of the family was finalised. I have high blood pressure but I do take medications to control it so I assumed that was the reason for the referral. I sent an e-mail to my CO to find out why it was reffred and how soon we have to wait but he just told us to wait for it to be cleared. I even phone HCO in Sydney and was told there is a back log and we just have to wait.

To cut the story short, I woke up yesterday morning and called HCO again around 3.00am and was then told that my medicals has now been finalised since Saturaday. I was very happy but that did not prepare us for the shoch this morning when I opened my mail and found that our CO has sent us an e-mail.

We have been approved and our visa has been granted today. We are over the moon so just hang in there. Everything will be fine in the end but I know how you feel.

Thanks for that it makes me feel better, have the online link so checking my meds everyday. Congratulations on your visa!!!!! Claire

Hi everyone

Hi Claire

It usually takes around 4-6 weeks for an MOC doctor to reconsider your meds file in the light of the additional info about your bout of TB. So it is too early to expect to hear anything more just yet.

If you have not heard any more by the end of April then please shout again at that time?

Cheers

Gill

Guest hughescl
Hi Claire

It usually takes around 4-6 weeks for an MOC doctor to reconsider your meds file in the light of the additional info about your bout of TB. So it is too early to expect to hear anything more just yet.

If you have not heard any more by the end of April then please shout again at that time?

Cheers

Gill

Thanks it's good to know a rough timeframe Claire