SS docs and questions

Guest pixie7

Guest pixie7

Hi All,

Sorry but I'm going to be posting alot in the next few months! Sooo impatient and doing it without agent so slightly terrified and very obsessed! :arghh:

I'm impatiently waiting for my skills assessment at the moment, then looking to do SS as Primary Teacher and 176.

I've got IELTS booked for next month and i'm now just gathering docs etc for state sponsorship form, am i correct thinking we will need-

Copies of Passports for us both

Reference from my employer

Skills assessment copy/number

Questions on form such as -

Why SA?

Any other info/questions/docs needed??

Hoping to get positive skills assessment and lodge SS immediately so trying to get everything ready now.

How long is form?

Has anyone started form and just saved it for 28 days online?

Thanks

Guest helene73
Hi All,

Sorry but I'm going to be posting alot in the next few months! Sooo impatient and doing it without agent so slightly terrified and very obsessed! :arghh:

I'm impatiently waiting for my skills assessment at the moment, then looking to do SS as Primary Teacher and 176.

I've got IELTS booked for next month and i'm now just gathering docs etc for state sponsorship form, am i correct thinking we will need-

Why SA?

Hoping to get positive skills assessment and lodge SS immediately so trying to get everything ready now.

How long is form?

Thanks

I didn't need passport or references for SS I am waiting for TRA results and my VA has my SS ready to submit pending TRA results :) x

Guest Lou&Paul

Hi to both of you.

I have been a reader of PIA for quite some time now and seeing people at the same stage as us has prompted me to finally join.

We are also waiting for TRA results, hopefully it won't be too long now. Fingers crossed for us all :)

Lou x

Guest helene73
Hi to both of you.

I have been a reader of PIA for quite some time now and seeing people at the same stage as us has prompted me to finally join.

We are also waiting for TRA results, hopefully it won't be too long now. Fingers crossed for us all :)

Lou x

Hi Lou & Paul welcome :) I have found this site invaluable, it's always nice to hear from people in the same boat :) have you started to prepare your SS yet?

Guest Lou&Paul

Thanks...yes this site is great, i have learnt so much in the past 6 months or so. I'm a bit of an addict :).

SS is almost ready, sending to our agent tomorrow.

Hi All,

Why SA?

How long is form?

Thanks

Hi,

We have submitted our SA SS and we are now waiting for the results, I should imagine we still have quite a few weeks to go yet. We are in the process of gathering our documents required for the Visa itself.

Heres what we sent:

Application Cover Sheet signed and witnessed

Passport Page with photo and personal details for us both

Copy of positive Skills Assessment

Copies of your qualifications e.g Certificates

Reference from current employer (Optional)

We found the "Commitment to South Australia" section the longest to write, you have to do your research, the actual Make the Move website gives you a lot of information.

You can start the form but as along as you don't submit it, it will be ok and you can go back to it with your reference number.

Once its submitted, you then have 28 days for the Department to receive your documents.

Quote me if i am wrong people!! I know things change from time to time!!

Guest Opportunities

Pixie7,

We have lodged our SS Application. After completing the online application, you have 30 days from date of submission to let Immigration SA have the hard copy. Until they have not received the hard copy, they will not start processing.

Herewith some advice on the docs required:

Supporting documents

1. Application Cover Sheet must be signed by and witnessed. (Any friend or Solicitor will do, not a relative though)

2. Copy of Positive Skills Assessment

3. Copies of any qualifications/fellowships/memberships detailing highest qualification achieved and date of completion

4. Copy of IELTS (less than 2 years old)

5. Copy of the applicant's Passport pages with name,date of birth and country of citizenship (main applicant who has the nominated occupation on the SMP)

6. Evidence of any Licensing or Registration requirements for your nominated occupation

7. Letter from current or previous employer

Part of the application requires you to:

i)Outline your duties, tasks and responsibilities (max 200 words)

ii)Outline the reasons for choosing SA as a migration destination in your own words (max 200 words)

iii)Identify organisations or companies in SA that are relevant to your nominated occupation

iv)Financial declaration: This must include at least AUD$25 000 for a single applicant and an additional AUD$5 000 for each member / dependant migrationg with you. This must include at least AUD$20 000 in cash/liquid funds

Quite a mouthful! Hope this shed some light...

Regards

Karen

v)

Guest helene73
Pixie7,

We have lodged our SS Application. After completing the online application, you have 30 days from date of submission to let Immigration SA have the hard copy. Until they have not received the hard copy, they will not start processing.

Herewith some advice on the docs required:

Supporting documents

1. Application Cover Sheet must be signed by and witnessed. (Any friend or Solicitor will do, not a relative though)

2. Copy of Positive Skills Assessment

3. Copies of any qualifications/fellowships/memberships detailing highest qualification achieved and date of completion

4. Copy of IELTS (less than 2 years old)

5. Copy of the applicant's Passport pages with name,date of birth and country of citizenship (main applicant who has the nominated occupation on the SMP)

6. Evidence of any Licensing or Registration requirements for your nominated occupation

7. Letter from current or previous employer

Part of the application requires you to:

i)Outline your duties, tasks and responsibilities (max 200 words)

ii)Outline the reasons for choosing SA as a migration destination in your own words (max 200 words)

iii)Identify organisations or companies in SA that are relevant to your nominated occupation

iv)Financial declaration: This must include at least AUD$25 000 for a single applicant and an additional AUD$5 000 for each member / dependant migrationg with you. This must include at least AUD$20 000 in cash/liquid funds

Quite a mouthful! Hope this shed some light...

Regards

Karen

v)

Silly me has just clicked why haven't been asked for these VA will have copies of them doh!!!! Having a blonde moment me thinks!! Lol :)

Guest pixie7

Ha ha that makes sense now Helene73! ;)

Thanks everyone for the replies Hughes'Roberts and Opportunities thanks for the list and info:)

I can start getting all our docs together and writing our statements whilst I wait for the skills assessment.

Wow what would I do without this site and everyones help?:eek:

Thankyou so much:notworthy: and good luck to everyone.

Guest helene73
Ha ha that makes sense now Helene73! ;)

Thanks everyone for the replies Hughes'Roberts and Opportunities thanks for the list and info:)

I can start getting all our docs together and writing our statements whilst I wait for the skills assessment.

Wow what would I do without this site and everyones help?:eek:

Thankyou so much:notworthy: and good luck to everyone.

Been baffled all day why I had not been asked for any of that!!! :0 I blame working too hard and all this visa stuff lol

Good luck to you too x

Thanks for this, just registered to ask the very same question. I'm just waiting for IELTS results and then will submit. Can I just confirm that docs required are:

*passport

*Skills Assess

*IELTS (need 7 or above for occupation)

*Degree certificate

*Cover sheet witnessed by a friend (Health Professional)

anything else?

Quite nervous about the Commitment to South Australia part. Obviously we are committed, just don't want to get this wrong!

Guest helene73
Thanks for this, just registered to ask the very same question. I'm just waiting for IELTS results and then will submit. Can I just confirm that docs required are:

*passport

*Skills Assess

*IELTS (need 7 or above for occupation)

*Degree certificate

*Cover sheet witnessed by a friend (Health Professional)

anything else?

Quite nervous about the Commitment to South Australia part. Obviously we are committed, just don't want to get this wrong![/

I emailed my VA today about IELTS as I have seen that a lot of people have taken it on here and was wondering why they haven't mentioned it to me! But apparently I don't need it so it Is one less thing to worry about. Good luck with your SS x