No visa yet!

tean

Feeling a bit blue after checking again today and finding no news yet with visa. Was hoping to have heard by this week as so many others with similar timelines have had theirs in the last fortnight....

Have e-mailed CO, as it still says Penal clearance "requested" and I attached PC in February. Also, states Medicals finalised 18/3/11 but then in document list it says "requested"..... all confusing and frustrating:(

I wonder how many people get this far and then get visa refused?

Guest guest3462

We also are still waiting......and waiting!! We had an email today saying if we didn't get Isla's passport to them in the next 28 days we would be suspended! She is only 6 weeks old and we have had to wait for her birth certificate coming from the government!!! GGGRRR!!!!!!!!

Guest The Standalofts
Feeling a bit blue after checking again today and finding no news yet with visa. Was hoping to have heard by this week as so many others with similar timelines have had theirs in the last fortnight....

Have e-mailed CO, as it still says Penal clearance "requested" and I attached PC in February. Also, states Medicals finalised 18/3/11 but then in document list it says "requested"..... all confusing and frustrating:(

I wonder how many people get this far and then get visa refused?

I am sure you will hear something soon - we had our medicals on the 7th March and up until yesterday they were showing as requested, however, we got word today that our Visa is granted so will keep our fingers crossed that you hear within the next few days.

Thanks for the replies and words of encouragement. I know many people have waited alot longer then us. It's not the length of time, just how I have been feeling about everything.

Recently told my Mum and she's not contacted me for the last 4 weeks and asked me not to ring her, so quite difficult emotionally, and then you question what if you don't even get to go!

Just venting really, it's therapeutic so they say.....

Guest guest3462

Tean, my mum did exactly the same when we first told her, and Rich's mum - well it was horrible! I think its kind of a part of their grief process for them. I suppose we are taking those that they love most in the world very far away and the thought of that is hard to bear. I can promise you though that over time and it happens quickly when you arrive here in Oz that they become used to the idea and even more so when they come to visit. My mum said she would never come here as she was so mad with us, but she was here within 5 months!! Rich's mum also said she would never make the flight and she is coming again on her own in 5 weeks time!! (she loves it here and is coming twice this year now!)

Your visa will be granted soon, I wonder if your CO is on hols or something? I also think it must depend which team you have been allocated to. I do know what you mean though, I can certainly empathise with you hun in this case! It is a very uncertain time in our minds too, wondering if we aren't going to get it! Blimey if we don't get it we'll be packing up and moving back to Blighty! - Now theres a nightmare thought!

Keep positive and try to make yourself a list of what you will need to do once your visa is granted. Make a start on it, cos there is so much to do before you leave the UK its best to start now!! We were still sorting stuff out once we had arrived here and it was a nightmare trying to do that with upside down timezones lol!!

If you need to vent pm me, i'm more than happy to listen and we can have a good bitch about bloody DIAC together!!!

All the best, I bet this time next week you'll be on here with a smile on your face and a big glass of bubbles in hand celebrating the start of your new life!

Julia xxx

Thanks so much for your lovely post and for taking the time to write it. I suppose it's only others who have been through the process, or who are going through it, can really understand.

That's the beauty of PIA :)

Hope to hear your good news soon too!