Medicals

Hi There,

It was all pretty straight forward.

Pee in a pot and they do a dip test on it.

Chest xrays whilst standing like a chicken.

Take blood for tests.

Medical part is height, weight, ears, eyes, take BP, listen to chest, feel joints.

Thats about it.

Good luck.

Guest bosco

good luck with them we got ours on may 4 th every time i take blood pressure it goes up i think its me panicking , hope it doesent let me down on the day.

Guest jools123

hi sharon,

like the op said pretty straight forward, just make sure your no where near your monthleys, both my daughter and i had blood in our urine mine was ok after drinking a jug of water but my daaughter needed anouther test wich took an extra week and £75 (and worry) to be told all was ok

its naturel to be nervous i was worried i smoke and drink a little...... and my husband drinks a little more lol we dont exercise but were on the go the whole time, what im getting at is were not that healthy type and all was well so dont worry

jools x

Guest Guest6899
Hello, we have our medicals on tuesday and was wondering if anyone could share their own experiences of having a medical, so that we can be prepared. I'm getting a little nervous and imaging all sorts lol.

Hi Sharon, we have ours on Tue at Birmingham, where are yours??

Lisa

Guest alex27

hey there,

i was SO nervous before hand, but mostly because I thought I would find out something was wrong with me! but really it isn't a big deal. the only thing i would say is drink a lot of water. I had my usual cup of tea in the morning and when I got there i was dehydrated so there was blood in my pee. So I had to drink a jug of water and do the test again. Everything else is fine and it was really quick, like 45 mins for the whole thing...£270 pounds later!! good luck it will be fine x

Hi Lisa, yes it was. Were you against the back wall with your family. I wAnted to say hi but I didn't like to lol guess I was a little shy. You can always tell my kids the live wires lol I can't wait for a 24 hour flight with them. Does anyone have straight jackets and gags I can borrow .

Felt bad on way home for not introducing myself sorry Lisa x

Guest Angie12
Hi All, well we have had our medicals and are very confident that there is no problems. Another obstacle down now more waiting.

The wardles x

Glad it went well :cute: its such a relief when that part is out of the way ;)

I was so relieved , i got a massive headache when we got back ,think i had got myself all worked up !!! :shocked:

Not long now , the waiting will soon be over !!

Good Luck

Guest Guest6899
Hi Lisa, yes it was. Were you against the back wall with your family. I wAnted to say hi but I didn't like to lol guess I was a little shy. You can always tell my kids the live wires lol I can't wait for a 24 hour flight with them. Does anyone have straight jackets and gags I can borrow .

Felt bad on way home for not introducing myself sorry Lisa x

Its ok, there was two women so i wasnt sure until you were called in for bloods etc then we seemed to keep missing one another, your hubby looked a bit stressed, lol!!

Lisa

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Sharon and Lisa, I see you had your med's done in Birmingham, we are having ours there on Thur. It says I'm our email from them to bring results from my last smear test but I don't have them. Did they ask to see yours?

Thank you.

Yes it is one of the first things they will ask for. I didn't have mine neither so I went to my doctors and asked them for a print out of them. My doctors didn't even charge me.

Guest Guest6899
Hi Sharon and Lisa, I see you had your med's done in Birmingham, we are having ours there on Thur. It says I'm our email from them to bring results from my last smear test but I don't have them. Did they ask to see yours?

Thank you.

Hi Yes as Sharon said they did ask to see it. I just contacted my GP and they printed it off and gave them the copy, no problems.

Lisa

Guest Guest6899

Hi Sharon just wondered if you have heard anything yet?? it will be 3 weeks Tue and my status still states Hep B & C outstanding. Was hoping for somthing by now..

Lisa