conditions of visa re medicals

Guest lynne

Has anyone heard of any one who has been given a visa with a specific set of conditions applied to it.

We went for our medicals today and our doctor said each application is looked at individually. We have a mismash of conditions. I have occupational asthma which does not affect the job. My husband had a muslce tear repaired in his shoulder (simple day surgery op). Any way the medical doctor wants more clarification from our GP to confirm the extent of our conditions.

Our 10 year old son is also austistic but attends a mainstream school. He also has dyslexic. He is high achiever in maths and science and stuggles with english due to dyslexia. Apparently Aus has a thing about dyslexia!!!

We also have Grandad on the visa who is 83 years old. He had prostate problems in the past which he is now on medication for. Three years ago he also had a subarchnoid haemorrahage (similiar to a stroke) but left no weakness. Grandad is extremly active he can walk approx a mile. Can go shopping cook his own light meals and do his washing. He is the only grand parent our children have.

So I think its a 50/50 chance of us passing the medicals.

Lynne

Hi Lynne

First off, which visa have you applied for?

Secondly, how old is your son?

Does he need any special assistance of any sort at school? If he does, then you could be in difficulties but much does depend on which visa it is.

It does not sound to me as if you and your husband had/have anything which would prevent the grant of a visa but they do tend to panic if a child is likely to need special assistance in school.

With more info, I might be able to help more.

Best wishes

Gill

Hi Gill,

We have applied for the 136 skilled visa - permanent.

Our child is 10 years old and his main difficulties are making sure he understands clearly what he should be doing following verbal instruction from his teacher. The majority of his difficulties did come from his dyslexia but since May we started the toe to toe reading programme and also the DORE programme. I do not know which one is working but his progression in his literacy is amazing. Before starting the programme he use to get 100% correct in his spelling each week but could not retain them in his long term. Also he would need to use mneumonics to remember his spellings but them he would not be able to recall which saying he had used for some of his spellings.

Example of mneumonics: Because (big elephants can add up sums easily)

We were considering sending him to a private school in Aus because a small size school and small size classes would help him considerably.

Lynne