Family sponsor 176

Guest Mizzmp

Guest Mizzmp

Has anybody gone thro the 176 visa route with a family sponsor instead of state sponsorship?

OH is a bricklayer and we have applied for ss but they have now marked it "not available!" I think that now means they will not bother processing our application for state sponsor so we have to re-think.

I have a family member who could sponsor us but I have been given such negative feedback with people saying they hardly ever grant family sponsor visas and it takes about 3 years.

Any feedback good or bad please folks, I cannot give up on the 10 year dream x

Guest Opportunities

I saw your notice on another thread as well. Like I said before, explore other states (WA and NSW) for SS. You can always stay in those states for the required 2 years and then move to SA afterwards.

When going the family sponsorship route, you will definitely wait much longer as those do not receive priority like SS.

Good luck!

Karen

x

Guest bishop3912

Hi we did family sponsorship route too, it was also easy and no hassle for us, from beginning to end thing our application only took 15 months (was nearly 5 years ago though).

Has anybody gone thro the 176 visa route with a family sponsor instead of state sponsorship?

OH is a bricklayer and we have applied for ss but they have now marked it "not available!" I think that now means they will not bother processing our application for state sponsor so we have to re-think.

I have a family member who could sponsor us but I have been given such negative feedback with people saying they hardly ever grant family sponsor visas and it takes about 3 years.

Any feedback good or bad please folks, I cannot give up on the 10 year dream x

Hi Mizzmp

You say that you have applied for SS but that since the time when you submitted your application for SS, SA have decided that they do not wish to receive new applications from nricklayers.

Have you phoned them to ask whether they are prepared to honour and to process your OH's application, since they received that before they changed their SSML? Immigration SA tend to be scrupulously fair-minded and they may well confirm that they will process your OH's application because they received it before they changed their List. The first thing to do is to check the position with them:

http://australia.gov.au/topics/immigration/state-and-territory-migration-sites

Please find out what Immigration SA say before you consider anything else. Please let us know what they say, via this thread?

Other people's experiences are now obsolete and irrelevant if those other people applied for their family-sponsord sc 176 visas prior to 1st July 2010, because the rules about the sc 176 visa changed on that date. Therefore what might have been a relevant consideration 18-24 months ago is NOT relevant to anything that you might decide to do now, hon.

I won't bore you with an essay at this stage because the first thing to do is to confirm the facts with Immigration SA. If you could please do that and tell me what they say, we can consider your [possibly other] options after that. If SA confirm that they will consider the sponsorship application then you and I need not waste time discussing any other ideas.

Cheers

Gill

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Donna Smith

Hi, My family and i are going through family sponsorship. it used to be quick and easy but they have changed the rules again. I lodged my PR March 09 and still waiting!!!! You are better going State Sponsorship or changing to employer sponsorship if you can. Hope this helps. I know how you feel, i feel like i'm in limbo at the moment.

Hi, My family and i are going through family sponsorship. it used to be quick and easy but they have changed the rules again. I lodged my PR March 09 and still waiting!!!! You are better going State Sponsorship or changing to employer sponsorship if you can. Hope this helps. I know how you feel, i feel like i'm in limbo at the moment.

Hi Donna

Because you lodged your visa application prior to 1st July 2010, you would be able to switch to State sponsorship if your occupation is on the SMP for (I presume) South Australia. Have you investigated whether you would be able to switch to State sponsorship in order to speed things up? If not, please study the link below:

http://australia.gov.au/topics/immigration/state-and-territory-migration-sites

In the meantime, what is your occupation, please (or that of your OH?)

If you manage to get SS, DIAC do not charge anything extra when you alter the visa application so that it becomes State sponsored rather than Family sponsored, so it is easy to do (just a couple of e-mails to DIAC) and it does not involve any additional fees.

Cheers

Gill