Help! Courier?

Guest pixie7

Guest pixie7

ANyone got any advice?

I'm trying to make the 2nd May deadline for SS SA.

I will get my IELTS results 2pm Thursday 28th April (praying I also get my skills assessment back!) If I have all documents ready to go would a courier from UK to Austalia get them there by Monday 2nd Oz time (so Sunday night our time?) even with a bank holiday in the UK on Friday 29th and then the weekend?

I'm getting desperate and trying anything to get in before the deadline. Any ideas welcome...

Thanks

Hi

For our SA SS application. We sent our hardcopies with DHL...i couldnt fault them at all. I sent mine saturday afternoon, they were collected from a store (staples) on the monday and were delivered and received by the dept on the thursday. I am confident that there may be other couriers that might be a day quicker. I am sure another member will comment. Good Luck!!!

Nat & Gaz xx

It may be a "dum" answer in relation to this particular instance but I work for a Government department and as long as something has a reasonable post marked date on the mail or parcel then we still accept various applications as we realise that people can't be held responsible for late post. It might be worth asking what their policy is on this.

Guest pixie7

Thanks everyone all of your advice is really appreciated :notworthy:

Tean- I'll be on the phone asap!

Hughes'roberts/ the bacons- I'll get in touch with DHL too- wow the bacons- that so quick it gives me hope!

Kris - I think you should be in charge of sorting the SA deadline;) I wish! But seriously I'll email them I think and clarify what exactly they will accept!

Thanks everyone- what would i do without all your advice? :)

Guest Mizzmp

I thought that you had to get your application in by 2nd May? Should that not mean as long as you apply online by that date you are ok? You're application would officially be in if you applied online they would just need the documents? Maybe someone could clarify to set your mind at rest.

I used DHL they were really good but they have now taken bricklayers off the list so we are stuffed!

Good luck x

Guest pixie7

Mizzmp you would think that wouldn't you? Get online app done and you are counted as applied but apparently they won't look at applications with out all documents. Can't send docs separately or scanned/email!! Driving me mad!!!

So sorry to hear bricklayers off the list- you going to wait until July and the new SMP list? Or is bricklayer on another States list?

Guest Opportunities

Pixie7

I have read all the comment re courier,we also used DHL,no complaints there. When you make the enquiry make sure to find out all the different options although you might be paying slightly more. It will be money well worth spending!

I will hold thumbs for you! Good luck!

Karen

x

Guest pixie7

Well I spoke to DHL today and they can ensure delivery to Oz for Monday 2nd May:D

Have spoken to IELTS and due to Bank hol (thank you Prince William!) I will get results a day early on the Thursday 2pm. So I just need to collect them in person at 2pm and drive to Wales as the nearest International DHL depot and drop them off whilst teacher 29 11 year olds and of course this is presuming AITSL get my skills assessment done very quickly:huh:

So wheres the A-Team when I need them??

But seriously its all looking at bit more positive, will have to take the afternoon off and think I'm going to have to seriously bug AITSL to get skills assessment couriered back in time but hey there is a chance- and really what more could I ask for? :)

Thanks everyone and will keep you updated!!

Guest pixie7

WoooooHoooooooo!

AITSL just emailed to say my skills assessment is completed!!!!!

Can't believe it! We might just make the 2nd May deadline!

:jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:

WoooooHoooooooo!

AITSL just emailed to say my skills assessment is completed!!!!!

Can't believe it! We might just make the 2nd May deadline!

:jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:

Excellent news, really happy for you.

Try to keep the stress levels down, the longer this rollercoster goes on the more there is to worry about.

Good luck.

Guest vicky_1970

That's fantastic news - lucky you !!! I have put in an urgent request to see if I can get my skills assessment back by next week - it is 7 weeks now and they keep quoting between 8 and 12 weeks (I phoned them yesterday to try and sus out how much longer it might be !). The agent I have spoken to said within 7 weeks !!! Aaargh - stressed !!!