how long did you get to validate?

Guest Cara&Gav

Guest Cara&Gav

Hi Everyone,

All you guys who have got their visa's, how long have you been given to validate? I thought we had a year from the medicals and police checks but I read someone's post on here that only had about 9 months. Only cause we've got a lot of work to do on our flat so need a year really! and dont want to have to validate & come back.

Thanks

Cara x

In the main it is 1 year from whatever police/medicals is first.

There have been people that have only been given 9 or 6 months and this seems to be mainly due to health issues but there could also be other reasons. I think in these cases its the case officers discresion and im sure once they make up there minds its near on impossible to get the date changed. We are waiting on 1 refered medical so if we get less then 1 year i will let you know.

Guest Cara&Gav

Morning,

Thanks a lot for your replies. What's a cat b on medicals? I have got to declare a blood clotting disorder, however I dont need any treatment for it. It was only found as I was having testing to find out why we were having trouble conceiving. It just means I'm more prone to blood clotting in situations like pregnancy & flying. But like I said I dont take any day to day medication I might just have to take aspirin or other blood thinning drugs in pregnancy or perhaps after an operation or something. Do you think my meds will get referred? And could this put us on cat b?

Thanks a lot for you help guys.

Cara xx

Guest Guest6899

We were told that Ethan was a cat B (mild autism) hubby was ok with his arthritis. Iv wondered about the timeline too as thought it was a year. Then as said above a thread worried me that we would only have until the end of the year to validate (thats if we are granted of course!!) Well will have to wait and see hopefully not too long now.

Lisa

Guest Nick11

Cat b in a medical means you will have to report to medicare to have your condition monitored. I n hubbys case he had to go to the chest clinic every 6 months for an x-ray as they found a shadow on his lung and were worried about tb. We had our meds on Feb 28th...got our visa on the middle of march..but had to sign an undertaking with DIAC that hubby would attend the clinics as part of our visa requirement. This took about 6 weeks to be looked at by our co..we finally got our visa on May 5th. It said on our visa sticker we had to September to validate. Not very long to validate!!! Fortunately we had sold the house and were ready to go..we arrived June 13th!! It all happened very quickly.

Hi, not all refered meds/cat Bs get 6 months.

If there is nothing wrong with your meds then they are marked as cat A by the panel doctor which means when they get to Sydney they are just processed no doctor looks at them.

If you have any conditions theyn the panel doctor writes cat B.

This means an actual doctor asseses your meds in Sydney they are not just processed and these are the ones that are refered.

I have spoken to loads of people that had there meds refered and still got 12 months to validate.

There is more info on Poms In Oz on this which goes into depth on the above.

Guest Cara&Gav

Thanks a lot for the replies, that's really useful info.

I think we're going to just have to wait and see now. Hopefully won't be too long, visa's been in about 2 1/2 weeks.

Thanks again

Cara xx

We were granted our visa on 5/4/11 and have to validate by 10/11/11. Originally I was surprised by this and thought it might be due to having a job offer.

However, I think it might be due to the fact that I frontloaded my husbands police check when I submitted my 176 application. This appears to corrrespond with the date given to validate the visa.

Not 100% sure about this, but all I can think of:-)

All the best!

We were granted our visa on 5/4/11 and have to validate by 10/11/11. Originally I was surprised by this and thought it might be due to having a job offer.

However, I think it might be due to the fact that I frontloaded my husbands police check when I submitted my 176 application. This appears to corrrespond with the date given to validate the visa.

Not 100% sure about this, but all I can think of:-)

All the best!

Hello, that will be the reason.

They generally give 1 year from the first date from your police or meds.

Guest Nick11
Hi, not all refered meds/cat Bs get 6 months.

If there is nothing wrong with your meds then they are marked as cat A by the panel doctor which means when they get to Sydney they are just processed no doctor looks at them.

If you have any conditions theyn the panel doctor writes cat B.

This means an actual doctor asseses your meds in Sydney they are not just processed and these are the ones that are refered.

I have spoken to loads of people that had there meds refered and still got 12 months to validate.

There is more info on Poms In Oz on this which goes into depth on the above.

I bow to your better knowledge:notworthy:

You need to certainly beware that there may be a limited timeframe to validate and prepare for every eventuality.

I bow to your better knowledge:notworthy:

You need to certainly beware that there may be a limited timeframe to validate and prepare for every eventuality.

Hi Nick,

Im expecting to only get 6 months for ours as like yours. The wifes has to be monitored with regular checkups. Got to sell the house but will have to at worst have a very nice holiday in the short term. If we get 12 then should be able to sell first but as long as we get the visa i wont complain.

Guest hughescl
Hi Everyone,

All you guys who have got their visa's, how long have you been given to validate? I thought we had a year from the medicals and police checks but I read someone's post on here that only had about 9 months. Only cause we've got a lot of work to do on our flat so need a year really! and dont want to have to validate & come back.

Thanks

Cara x

Hi

We had our visa granted today and have 6 months to validate, this was due to the medical undertaking, even though I am fit and well it's because of TB I had 28 years ago. Quite a few have been given 6/9 months where medicals have been referred. This is not a problem for us as we wanted to go ASAP but I can see it could cause problems for those needing a bit longer, but it's better to have the visa even with a short validation period Claire :)

Guest guest3462

we are hoping to get our visa soon as we frontloaded our meds and police checks in september last year which doesn't give us long to sort a trip overseas!! I have found the hotel in Bali that we will enjoy for 9 days, but until they give us the visa its impossible to book it!

Guest Nick11
Hi

We had our visa granted today and have 6 months to validate, this was due to the medical undertaking, even though I am fit and well it's because of TB I had 28 years ago. Quite a few have been given 6/9 months where medicals have been referred. This is not a problem for us as we wanted to go ASAP but I can see it could cause problems for those needing a bit longer, but it's better to have the visa even with a short validation period Claire :)

Heh congrats...the chest x-rays are done in the centre of Adelaide.

Takes 10 mins maximum. Hubby's doctor was the spitting image of the guy from gremlins who originally sold the little fella. He was both scary and very funny. Hubby couldn't understand a word he said and he had to have a nurse to translate!!!

He went twice a year for 3 years and was eventually discharged. No big deal!

Hi

Congratulation,

Getting the visa is the main thing 3, 6, 9, or 12 as long as you have it then you are there.

Good luck.

Guest Cara&Gav

Hey guys,

I really appreciate all the advice. I understand what you are saying that as long as you get the visa then it is all OK and if we get it we really will be truely greatful & sooo happy. However we really can't afford to validate and move there any time soon so I'm quite worried about it. There are reasons why if we have to validate then the move would probably have to be put on hold for quite a while which we really cant bear thinking about. But it has put my mind at rest knowing the reasons why so fingers crossed our medicals wont be referred.

Cara x

Guest hughescl
Heh congrats...the chest x-rays are done in the centre of Adelaide.

Takes 10 mins maximum. Hubby's doctor was the spitting image of the guy from gremlins who originally sold the little fella. He was both scary and very funny. Hubby couldn't understand a word he said and he had to have a nurse to translate!!!

He went twice a year for 3 years and was eventually discharged. No big deal!

thanks, so glad to have the visa if it means having an x-ray for the next few years that's fine, being welsh he probably won't understand me either lol:)

Guest hughescl
Hey guys,

I really appreciate all the advice. I understand what you are saying that as long as you get the visa then it is all OK and if we get it we really will be truely greatful & sooo happy. However we really can't afford to validate and move there any time soon so I'm quite worried about it. There are reasons why if we have to validate then the move would probably have to be put on hold for quite a while which we really cant bear thinking about. But it has put my mind at rest knowing the reasons why so fingers crossed our medicals wont be referred.

Cara x

Good luck and fingers crossed everything will be straight forward for you, I know what you mean about validating and coming back this was not an option for us either Claire:)

Guest Cara&Gav
Good luck and fingers crossed everything will be straight forward for you, I know what you mean about validating and coming back this was not an option for us either Claire:)

Thanks, and good luck to you guys and the journey ahead.

Cara x