Passport Stress!

Guest Richard & Amanda

Guest Richard & Amanda

Hiya,

My stress levels are going through the roof.....

Our agent in Oz asked if we could submit our visa BEFORE christmas as he is on holiday most of January. It's pretty much all sorted so we said we could do this. (first mistake!!)

So I needed to get a passport for our daughter. I paid to have it fast tracked (an extra £45) and was told on Tuesday it would be with me lastest today (Thursday). I waited in ALL DAY WEDNESDAY and nothing arrived. Fair enough he did say Thursday. So at 1030 I rang them up (just to check it was coming!!!). The nice lady at the passport office told me it was delivered yesterday! So now they are trying to find my daughters passport, and liasing with the courier to clarify what colour my front dooris. Nice. So we have to wait for the driver to detail my distinguishing features of the aforementioned front door! What gets me is that it didn't even need to be signed for which is a little odd!

I reckon he has wizzed it somewhere!

I was supposed to be going to the solicitor today to get all documents certified ready for UPS to collect tomorrow for delivery on Monday 17th. This is now a distant dream!

Goodness knows when I will get the passport now. I am waiting.

:arghh::realmad:

Oh and I was one of the lucky ones who had their Child Benefit details "misplaced".

As my lovely husband says "if we didn't have bad luck, we would have no luck at all"

Suppose that is one way of lucking at it!!!!

Moan over.

How awful :shocked:

Its one thing the passport being late. Its totally something else being on someone else's doormat.:mad: Hopefully it will turn up soon. I am sooooo surprised it didn't have to signed for though. I would be well miffed if it just came through our front door let alone someone else's. I'm sure I signed for all ours. :unsure:

We also had our child benefit details 'misplaced' The way I look at it we will soon be on the other side of the planet with a different bank account and new address. Not that there is anything left in the account after paying for all those hoops we have had to jump through for the visa. :biglaugh:

Pete

what a nightmare!! i hope it'll be sorted latest tomorrow!!

but if it's 'only' your daughters passport you can send it later as well.

as long as the main applicant's one is provided that's enough for the application itself.

we had to do that and we submitted our 3 passports (mine and 2 kids) months later - and didn't even had to certify them either - just sent a colour scan of each to our agent and job done. - maybe ask them again?!?!

fingers crossed though for it turning up asap :wubclub:

Guest Richard & Amanda

Passport finally turned up at 2 o'clock.

The driver did a runner after he posted it through letter box. Amanda told him to stop as she wanted a word with him but he jumped in his van and reversed back up the road at high speed before she could get him. He'd still be limping and talking like a 6 year old choir boy now if she caught him :biglaugh::biglaugh:

All the paperwork will still be picked by UPS tomorrow and in Oz monday fingers crossed!!!

Paul it wasn't a newspaper i was reading mate it was flight international, it makes it look work related then:biglaugh: you've got to know the tricks

Thanks for the support everyone!!!