State Sponsorship docs - CV Help!

Guest Lou&Paul

Guest Lou&Paul

Hi all

I'm a little pee'd off today so i will try and keep this brief and not waffle.

We were told by our agent to submit our SS form online today, and also send the Docs by courier asap. Then came the bombshell of the CV, my OH doesn't have one, we have been so wrapped up in research etc for the actual form we didn't think, my brain is frazzled :arghh:, although i thought our agent might have mentioned this sooner as they are pretty organised regarding docs.

I just wondered if anyone who has just done their SS (or doing), sent a professional CV or did it themselves? I have looked at a couple of companies in my area and the likely cost is going to be about £60 - £100 depending how quickly we want it done. Thing is if we did it ourselves i'm not sure it would be very good, lol.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Lou x

Guest Opportunities

Lou,

When I gathered the docs for SS, I also wanted to include my OH resume, but it was not required on the checklist. I then send an e-mail to SA Immigration and enquired whether a resume is optional or compulsory. The reply I got was, that I only needed to submit the required docs because when completing the online SS application, he said, I would be required to complete a lot of work related questions such as Work History,Company names,Positions held and duties, which is info normally found in one's resume anyway,therefore we did not include a resume with our application.

Karen

x

Guest Lou&Paul

Hi Karen, thanks for replying.

Well i am confused, i have looked at the document checklist again and like you said CV is not there. I e-mailed my agent and he said a CV is part of the State Sponsorship requirement.

I don't know what to do now! I think we better just do as he says, more money to part with. x

Guest Lou&Paul

Hi Nat

That's we thought. It's been driving me potty all day. No, we completed the form ourselves and sent the reference number to our agent for them to check before we submit.

Lou x

Guest Viksta

Don't know if CV's are relevant to particular jobs, but have just applied on line yest, via an agent and again we weren't asked for a CV as all details are on the form?

Viks x