Where to live

Guest dwethe

Guest dwethe

Hi All, 1st time on forum, good stories.

We have just received state sponsership and have issued 1100 document, feeling positive but traying keep feet on ground until we have m / p checks.

Trying to do some resourch on SA on best places to live for a family with young children, it so difficult when you have never been.

Please help

Guest WhatNow?

Well that covers most places then! I'm 13k out of the city to the east (Athelstone) and almost up against the hills. My nearest beach is Semaphore and it takes 25-30 mins to get there.

Guest dwethe

I work in Facilities, so my line of work will hopefully be in working with and area rather than one place. I would like to be about 30-45 mins to City.

Well would say then that Christies Beach/Downs, Port Noarlunga/Downs, Seaford Rise/Meadows, Aldinga, Moana are all possibilities.

We have been looking at Seaford Port Noarlunga (here because that's where I was originally from) and although the properties are more expensive you'll not have to move again or want to!!

However, those in the on the ground will know better than me.

Guest guest3462

We live down south in Aldinga Beach. It's between 45mins-1hrs drive from the city depending on if u have the expressway. Housing down here is very reasonable for the size of the property and location. Average 4 bed house around $350,000-$400,000. Look at www.realestate.com.au it gives you a points score of each suburb for families, couples etc. Aldinga, Willunga, pt noarlunga and the surrounding suburbs are very family friendly, there are some good schools and plenty of sporting/social facilities for the kids. Good shopping centres within 10 mins and bigger shopping centres only 15mins (colonnades) and half an hour Westfield Marion)away. The beaches down here are stunning and relatively safe for swimming (there are regular shark sightings, but we haven't had a reported attack near us this year!!)

It really does depend on what you want to get out of living in SA, but if you want a quiet life with stunning scenery (we have beach, hills and scrub views here) that isn't that far from the city or from any major facilities then somewhere in the south may be good for you. I've never ventured up north yet so I cannot comment on what it is like, but there are some beautiful and more expensive suburbs further north.