Anyone landed in a city other than sponsored state??

Guest satish_lkb

Guest Adelaide_bound

From your posting on the other website, and your responses to what people said, why are you even bothering to continue posting on this subject? You obviously have made up your mind what you are going to do and are either desperately trying to get people to make you feel better about what you know is morally wrong, or you are simply a troll.

Hi,

We got our 176 Visas and there is no specific condition mentioned in our visas. The visa does not says that we should stay in the sponsored state for the first 2 years etc etc... I was just wondering whether anybody landed and settled in a city other than the sponsored state???

I know that there is no legal commitment to stay in the sponsored state and the applicant is having a moral commitment to the state. If the applicant gets a job offer in other state, whether he can move there?? If we can move, what we should do.. like just inform the State and go??

We plan to land during Nov this year and would like to get views of our members... ( We applied during Sept 09 and got our 176 visa during March ''11. My friend applied during same time during Sept '09 also got his 175 visa during April '11. Which means no benefit for applying under State Sponsorship!!!)

Satish

If they find out they could revoke your visa possibly ?

You got the visa knowing the rules so if you take a chance, get caught out and have the visa revoked then you only have yourself to blame.

If you didnt want to come to SA then why not go for the 175?

Timeframes possibly?

Guest shellymc

You can fly to any state then you must report to the state that you originally planned to go within 2 weeks of arriving, why didn't you just go to the state that you wanted to go to in the first place. Surely when you get a job and start paying taxes they are going to start asking questions!!!! Then maybe you will loose your visa!

If they find out they could revoke your visa possibly ?

You got the visa knowing the rules so if you take a chance, get caught out and have the visa revoked then you only have yourself to blame.

If you didnt want to come to SA then why not go for the 175?

Timeframes possibly?

Guest Nick11

You can go anywhere on a 176.

State sponsership is only a moral obligation.

At the end of the day..you have to do what is right for you. There is no chance of your visa being revoked.

I know many people who have done this on 176 and 475 visas.

If the government were desperate to keep you in your sponsered state..they would change the rules and make it a legal requirement.

As it is not..you must do what is right foryou and your family.

I think you'll find the government can and will cancel your visa, if you leave your sponsored employer without a good explanation.

We were on sponsored visa, and my husband left his sponsored employment, we were instantly reported and recieved a letter asking for an explanation as to why we left and it could possibly result in them cancelling our visa.

We responded immediately and everything was fine.

Check everything out carefully before jepardising, just seems so cruel when it takes a long time to obtain your visa and they can take it back a lot quicker!!!

Guest Nick11
I think you'll find the government can and will cancel your visa, if you leave your sponsored employer without a good explanation.

We were on sponsored visa, and my husband left his sponsored employment, we were instantly reported and recieved a letter asking for an explanation as to why we left and it could possibly result in them cancelling our visa.

We responded immediately and everything was fine.

Check everything out carefully before jepardising, just seems so cruel when it takes a long time to obtain your visa and they can take it back a lot quicker!!!

Employer Sponsered employment is different to state sponsered. With employer sponser you only have 28 days to find another work sponser.

A 176 State sponsership is completely different.