Electrician Advice!!!

Guest The Standrings

Guest The Standrings

Hi

Is it possible anyone could help us please??? We are hoping to come over to Oz on my other half who is a spark. Darren has passed his VETASSES and we have submitted for SS. We were just wondering if there was anyting we can do over here, to make it easier to get the Electrician's licence in Oz. I have been on a website that says you can order a workbook to complete in the UK while you wait, then sit an exam once you arrive. It's most confusing!!!! Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!!!!!

Emma:err:

Hi

Is it possible anyone could help us please??? We are hoping to come over to Oz on my other half who is a spark. Darren has passed his VETASSES and we have submitted for SS. We were just wondering if there was anyting we can do over here, to make it easier to get the Electrician's licence in Oz. I have been on a website that says you can order a workbook to complete in the UK while you wait, then sit an exam once you arrive. It's most confusing!!!! Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!!!!!

Emma:err:

Hi there, im a sparkie to and am almost there.

Firstly you need the vetesses for the visa but once you get the visa bin the vets route and apply to trades recognition australia TRA for an ARTC licence. You have to have an aussie address for them to post to as they will only post to australia.

Appliy for a electrical mechanic under the TRA job title.

Once you have this cert you do not need to do gap training you only need to do the PEER wiring regs course which you can do all of the paperwork via distance learning. When you then land in Adelaide its just a 2 week course and then you can get your A class licence staright away. No more vets and no trades apprentice for 6 months.

Take a look on the British expats forum under the electricians section as it explains all that is required in further details but its really quite staright forward.

You will also need all of the Aussie wiring regs books but they are about $350 to buy but send me a PM with your email on and i will be able to help you out with that one.;)

Any further questions just PM me.

Guest The Standrings

Brilliant, thanks so much for that its really helped!! It just takes some getting your head round. That seems so much more simple! Think we will seriously consider doing the distance learning a bit nearer the time. We have a friend in Adelaide who is supposed to be organising us the regs books but if he does not get round to it will definately be sending you a PM!!! Thanks again

Daz

hi there, I've also been looking at what to do to get the A licence and was aware of the Peer course but didn't know about the TRA bit first so thanks for the information thats really helpful. Would it be ok to PM you for details on how to get the regs books?

cheers,

Neil

hi there, I've also been looking at what to do to get the A licence and was aware of the Peer course but didn't know about the TRA bit first so thanks for the information thats really helpful. Would it be ok to PM you for details on how to get the regs books?

cheers,

Neil

Hi Neil,

Send me a PM with your email attached and i should be able to help you out. ;)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest johnny.w
Hi,

Sorry my OH is an electrician if possible could you email us some info?

Our email is macbeth2005@hotmail.co.uk

Thanks

Claire

Hello clare,

Get ross to look on expats.com electrician. discusion forum

There is loads of threads on getting a licence, very helpfull.

On one of them there is a link to the TRA and application form form for getting an ARTC.You need the artc before you can apply to peer. hope this helps,