Mixed Emotions

Guest karyn1

Guest karyn1

After a wee night out with some friends and talking about the big move to OZ! I have come home feeling rather down :( All the friends are wishing us all the best and some are so envious!! After years of living in limbo and our visa only being granted last month...I am feeling the loss of friends and family already (maybe wine induced??). Just wondered if anyone else feels up and down like me??:eek:

Hi Karyn,

totally normal feelings...it's a life changing move.

Most things here should be better but there will always be things that you miss. To be honest there will be plenty of highs and lows (let's hope more highs!) but the bottom line will be that the reasons for your move will always be there (children and their future probably top of the list).

It's difficult to leave family and friends but if it's any consolation there are some really friendly people here, very accepting and they do make the settling in easier.

take care.

Tamara

Guest Squareman

Couldnt have put it better! But hang on, seeing as your visa has been granted, this qualifies you to be on the receiving end of some Aussie 'tough love'.........so Harden The F...k Up! :-)

Guest Guest75
Couldnt have put it better! But hang on, seeing as your visa has been granted, this qualifies you to be on the receiving end of some Aussie 'tough love'.........so Harden The F...k Up! :-)

Oooeer Missus listen to him!!!! :P

Yep Karyn

It's normal to have doubts and bad days - you have them here as well.

It's just part of the process, I'd worry if people did not feel these emotions.