First post so hi to everyone...
After spending 2 years of going through the process of trying to get a visa and having all the associated ups and downs we have got one…. a 475 sponsored by SA. I am a IT/Operations Manager with has a service background and am ITIL qualified.
Our plan is to move out to Adelaide on either the 1st Nov or the 1st Feb (it all depends on when my wife’s braces come off!).
We obviously have all the logistics to workout, doing the research and planning will be fun and by reading the forums we can get the answers to most questions. The thing that is worrying me is that I can’t see many vacancies that I could apply for and reading this and other forums I have noticed a number of worrying comments:-
· “The number of jobs advertised is down 28% on this time last year”
· “Most employees give preference to a local”
· “people have moved to Adelaide and can’t find work”
Maybe I am just getting nervous about moving but the move will only be a success if I can find work.
Couple of questions..
· Is there anyone out there that has moved out to Adelaide who has similarly skills to me that can share their experiences of looking for a job?
· Can anyone share with me the names of some contacts at local IT recruitment agencies in Adelaide that I could make contact with.
Thanks in advance for any help, sharing your experiences, sharing your contacts etc