175 back of queue 176flying through??

Guest ebstar

Guest ebstar

Just wanted to get this off my chest but please correct me as i may have it totally wrong.

When we first applied for a 175 visa we were under the impression that we had enough points for the "best" visa for people looking to make the perm move.This was all great and the 12-18month wait suited us fine.However that was now over two years ago.With the various changes we new it looked like the visa would now take a bit longer and so got sorted with employer sponsorship.Anyway that aside My understanding (which as i said may be wrong) is that you need to have a higher level of points and or qaulifications to gain a 175 than you do a 176.So why are diac pushing through the 176's some of which within days of the application and pushing the 175's to the back of the queue? I understand that in going for ss you are saying you will stay within that state for two years but from reading both this site and pio many don't.I know not all do it but there seem to be quite a few that apply for the state that looks easier or quicker to get into with no intention of staying there for more than a holiday.Please don't read this that i'm having a dig at those going for 176 's as thats not the case.I just really don't get diac when they say they want qualified young familys but prefere to spend several years stressing them out before deciding if they will grant you or not. :arghh::arghh::arghh:

Just wanted to get this off my chest but please correct me as i may have it totally wrong.

When we first applied for a 175 visa we were under the impression that we had enough points for the "best" visa for people looking to make the perm move.This was all great and the 12-18month wait suited us fine.However that was now over two years ago.With the various changes we new it looked like the visa would now take a bit longer and so got sorted with employer sponsorship.Anyway that aside My understanding (which as i said may be wrong) is that you need to have a higher level of points and or qaulifications to gain a 175 than you do a 176.So why are diac pushing through the 176's some of which within days of the application and pushing the 175's to the back of the queue? I understand that in going for ss you are saying you will stay within that state for two years but from reading both this site and pio many don't.I know not all do it but there seem to be quite a few that apply for the state that looks easier or quicker to get into with no intention of staying there for more than a holiday.Please don't read this that i'm having a dig at those going for 176 's as thats not the case.I just really don't get diac when they say they want qualified young familys but prefere to spend several years stressing them out before deciding if they will grant you or not. :arghh::arghh::arghh:

totaly agree with you on this . we applied for a 175 in 2009 then decided to apply for a 176 in jan 2011 and we now have a case officer. we have now been asked for more of the same info that we supplied at the start of this long drawn out process. at least its now coming to the end, we allways wanted to go to south aus anyway, but yes it does seem very unfair that the 175 apps seem to have been pushed back ..

Guest moviemummy

Hi

Nightmare as this sounds I don't think you are alone! Have you got an agent?

L x :)

Guest ebstar

yes we have an agent. We got the mail at the same time as our employer sponsorship was moving forward,so if we get a c/o as the mail said i don't know which will be granted first.We are just hoping it's the 175 first otherwise my oh could end up leaving oz just as we arrive to set up home for the 175 to be granted.