meds for toddlers?!

Guest mOZzy

hey guys,

for you who've done the medicals already ... with little ones especially.

what's involved for the little ones?!?

mine are only 2 and 3.5

it's just so i can 'prepare' them a bit ... and myself :jiggy:

Don't worry about them, when we had ours they were fine and Niamh didn't get upset at all. They looked in her ears, eyes, mouth, listened to her chest, felt her tummy, checked all limbs and joints ok. They were going to look in her red book for her weight (I took her to clinic and got her weighed before we went) but she copied us and stood on the scales, did her height and that was it. The drs that did ours were fantastic so hopefully you will get a great dr who makes it fun for them.

She saw it as a game and was fine. At least you don't have to do urine samples as they are under 5, Sophie had to do one and couldn't wee on que!!

When are yours booked?

Have a lovely christmas

Guest donna T

I agree - Izzy was not quite 2 when we had ours and she was treated really well - nothing scary at all. A bit like having a check up with a health visitor.

Josh who was almost 5 gave a urine sample which he thought was cool and could show off his reading by doing the sight chart so he loved it.

Really nothing to prepare them for, they will be fine - good luck:D

Donna

x

Guest happy-jools

Hi Suzi

Like Tracy said, no probs at all. Our doctor was very nice and had time and patience with our girls. Although I have to say our girls were very eager to please and did everything the doc asked (shame I dont have that influence over them!!!!)

Happy Christmas.x

:wubclub:

cheers guys! :notworthy:

i am sure they will 'perform' just as well :D

thanks for the reassurance; just wasn't keen on bloods or urine for them :wacko:

haven't booked them just yet but we'll do them in january!