Can anyone clarify if Personal Statements need to be certified?

Hi Everyone,

We have finally got all our documents together for the Visa and completed the online form, we have an appointment on Wednesday to see the solicitor to certify a couple of documents then we can hit that button!!

As my title states, do we need our personal statements certified on a stat dec or not? We are not married hence why we have 4 personal statements, we are hoping they don't need certifying as solicitors do not come cheap!

Can anyone help us? Thanks

Hi Everyone' date='

We have finally got all our documents together for the Visa and completed the online form, we have an appointment on Wednesday to see the solicitor to certify a couple of documents then we can hit that button!!

As my title states, do we need our personal statements certified on a stat dec or not? We are not married hence why we have 4 personal statements, we are hoping they don't need certifying as solicitors do not come cheap!

Can anyone help us? Thanks[/quote']

I think that you may have to have them certified. We used an agent and pretty sure most of the docs had to be certified.

Guest Claire
Hi Everyone' date='

Can anyone help us? Thanks[/quote']

Hi,

Myself and Ross also are not married, so we had to send personal statements. We were advised by our agent these had to be witnesses by a solicitor (which will cost) or by a Justice of Peace court (which is free).

We opted for the solitor, and they charged £20 per visit - so may be possible to get them all witnessed for one price, where as some charge per statement. Worthwhile searching around. The person that wrote the statment has to be present - you wont have too (sorry if you already know this)

Anyways, long story cut short - they have to be witnessed, this is also confirmed on the DIAC webiste.

Probably not what you want to hear, but best doing it correct first time :)

Claire x

Guest pixie7

Hi All,

We're waiting for SS and gathering 176 documents as we wait. We arent married either so have to get de facto stuff together.

Am I on the right lines- we both have to write a statements (what did you put in it? How you met? That you are committed to relationship etc??) also who did you get statements off- family or friends? (2 enough?) Photos (4/5 enough?) documents/ rental agreements with both names.

Sorry for all the questions

Thanks

Guest Claire
Hi All,

We're waiting for SS and gathering 176 documents as we wait. We arent married either so have to get de facto stuff together.

Am I on the right lines- we both have to write a statements (what did you put in it? How you met? That you are committed to relationship etc??) also who did you get statements off- family or friends? (2 enough?) Photos (4/5 enough?) documents/ rental agreements with both names.

Sorry for all the questions

Thanks

Think we should get the boyfriends told haha, the hassle you have to go through to get the de facto stuff together!!

Me and Ross had to write a joint statement, this doesnt have to be witnessed by a solicitor. We wrote where, when and how we met, where we lived, how long we lived together, how we met one anothers families, when our families met and how they got on. if you want I can email you our statement, it is very cheesy but we met the criteria :D

We included joint accounts, joint car insurance, TV license details, tenancy agreement (or if property purchased mortgage statements), we sent 4 pics of us together.

We got three statements, but two is suffice and all that DIAC ask for. We decided on three from each side - 2 from family and one from a close friend. These must be witnessed by a solicitor.

The statements are the thing that worried me most, but was very starightforward, my agent issued us with templates - I can send you these on if you like?

Hope this helps :D

x

Guest pixie7

I agree! I think a little walk down the aisle would have been less hassle!!;)

I've PM you my email address and would really appreciate you emailing the templates/statement you mentioned- very kind of you :notworthy:

Good luck and fingers crossed we'll all be in Adelaide soon!

Think we should get the boyfriends told haha, the hassle you have to go through to get the de facto stuff together!!

Me and Ross had to write a joint statement, this doesnt have to be witnessed by a solicitor. We wrote where, when and how we met, where we lived, how long we lived together, how we met one anothers families, when our families met and how they got on. if you want I can email you our statement, it is very cheesy but we met the criteria :D

We included joint accounts, joint car insurance, TV license details, tenancy agreement (or if property purchased mortgage statements), we sent 4 pics of us together.

We got three statements, but two is suffice and all that DIAC ask for. We decided on three from each side - 2 from family and one from a close friend. These must be witnessed by a solicitor.

The statements are the thing that worried me most, but was very starightforward, my agent issued us with templates - I can send you these on if you like?

Hope this helps :D

x

Hi Claire

You are just the person, when you lodged your visa, did you complete form 888?? I am so confused, its driving me mad!! I was under the impression that this form was Spouse/Partner visa, we got worried and thought oh know we've submitted the wrong visa but thankfully we haven't! On our checklist it asks for this.

Also with form 80, I cannot seem to complete online, save and attach, it seems i have to print it off which will be difficult as I only have room for another 4 files and this document is 8 pages long!!

Any help would be most appreciated...cheers

Nat x

Guest Claire
Hi Claire

You are just the person' date=' when you lodged your visa, did you complete form 888?? I am so confused, its driving me mad!! I was under the impression that this form was Spouse/Partner visa, we got worried and thought oh know we've submitted the wrong visa but thankfully we haven't! On our checklist it asks for this.

Also with form 80, I cannot seem to complete online, save and attach, it seems i have to print it off which will be difficult as I only have room for another 4 files and this document is 8 pages long!!

Nat x[/quote']

Hey Nat!

You don't need to complete the 888 forms, just a statement, if you want I will email you mine to use as a draft?

We just used normal word document and got the family and friend statements witnessed from a solcicitor, the 888 forms only apply if your in aus wishing to move state ;)

Sorry for any typos had a few glasses of wine tut tut!

Pm me your email if you want template statements

Claire xx

Hey Nat!

You don't need to complete the 888 forms, just a statement, if you want I will email you mine to use as a draft?

We just used normal word document and got the family and friend statements witnessed from a solcicitor, the 888 forms only apply if your in aus wishing to move state ;)

Claire xx

Claire....you have saved me from going insane!!! Thank you so much for your reply!

It seriously drove me mad! I am in need of a large drink now! Ha!!

We have two statutory declarations that we have uploaded from 2 members of the family to confirm our relationship as well as a load of evidence so this should be fine i suppose?

Nat xxx

Guest Claire
Claire....you have saved me from going insane!!! Thank you so much for your reply!

It seriously drove me mad! I am in need of a large drink now! Ha!!

We have two statutory declarations that we have uploaded from 2 members of the family to confirm our relationship as well as a load of evidence so this should be fine i suppose?

Nat xxx

Aww no problem, the process is sooo stressful, so am happy to help!

Two is more than enough! We submitted tons of stuff also! Have you received a CO yet?

Go and get yourself a bottle or two of wine and enjoy the weekend!

Hope everything goes well! Keep me posted!

Claire xx

Aww no problem, the process is sooo stressful, so am happy to help!

Two is more than enough! We submitted tons of stuff also! Have you received a CO yet?

Go and get yourself a bottle or two of wine and enjoy the weekend!

Hope everything goes well! Keep me posted!

Claire xx

Thanks again.....I will keep you posted or peck your head further!! Ha

We only lodged it last night...were off on holiday soon so hopefully we will have one on our return!! Have a great weekend

Nat xx

Hey Nat!

Claire xx

LOL! Only a few glasses of wine - for it is Friday night, actually it is Saturday morning (and I dread to read my typos!!)

We are also "living in sin" (my Roman Catholic grandfather loved the fact that we aren't married!! - virtually insisted we didn't go and get married!!!) and have to complete such statements. Do I really have to explain that I met my OH on a night about town and that we have been together ever since? Seems both too simple and yet invasive!! What makes things worse is that the mortgage and most bills are in my name, and he is but a named driver on the car insurance! Actually the TV license is in his name...We sound very together!!! Do two children bind us?!!:) LOL!!

Rach x

How funny that a marriage license superceeds 19 years of being together!

Guest Claire
LOL! Only a few glasses of wine - for it is Friday night, actually it is Saturday morning (and I dread to read my typos!!)

We are also "living in sin" (my Roman Catholic grandfather loved the fact that we aren't married!! - virtually insisted we didn't go and get married!!!) and have to complete such statements. Do I really have to explain that I met my OH on a night about town and that we have been together ever since? Seems both too simple and yet invasive!! What makes things worse is that the mortgage and most bills are in my name, and he is but a named driver on the car insurance! Actually the TV license is in his name...We sound very together!!! Do two children bind us?!!:) LOL!!

Rach x

How funny that a marriage license superceeds 19 years of being together!

Hi Rach,

No typos, well done! Most of our bills are in Ross's name, they really just look for confirmation that you live together. I sent my bank statements etc showing I have official correspondence coming to the same address as Ross.

Totally agree with you about the marriage licence!

Good Luck :)

C xx

Hi Claire

You are just the person' date=' when you lodged your visa, did you complete form 888?? I am so confused, its driving me mad!! I was under the impression that this form was Spouse/Partner visa, we got worried and thought oh know we've submitted the wrong visa but thankfully we haven't! On our checklist it asks for this.

Nat x[/quote']

Hi Nat

I am in the same boat as you and getting completely confused with what I am supposed to supply as proof. Rob and I have been together for 12 years and have two kids, is the fact that we have kids not enough proof???

Where did you find form 80?

:arghh:

Hi Nat

I am in the same boat as you and getting completely confused with what I am supposed to supply as proof. Rob and I have been together for 12 years and have two kids, is the fact that we have kids not enough proof???

Where did you find form 80?

:arghh:

Hi

We provided bills in joint names, a previous tenancy agreement, 6 photos of us, our joint savings account details, 2 personal statements from members of our family, I provided a personal statement and my Oh did also.

God....don't mention form 80 and 1221!! I have been up since 7am completing it online. Because its a secure form you cannot save it as you type, I typed on it then it dissappered off my screen and I had to do it all over again. Nightmare!!!!! We ended up printing it off and hand writing it, I have now scanned it back onto my computer and in the process of converting it to 1 file as i do not have enough room for a 8 page form!!

You have to do Form 80 (http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/80.pdf) and Form 1221 (http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1221.pdf) for each applicant. I have read on here that some people did not bother but my email from DIAC requests we complete them.

Where are you with your process?

Nat x

Hi

We provided bills in joint names' date=' a previous tenancy agreement, 6 photos of us, our joint savings account details, 2 personal statements from members of our family, I provided a personal statement and my Oh did also.

God....don't mention form 80 and 1221!! I have been up since 7am completing it online. Because its a secure form you cannot save it as you type, I typed on it then it dissappered off my screen and I had to do it all over again. Nightmare!!!!! We ended up printing it off and hand writing it, I have now scanned it back onto my computer and in the process of converting it to 1 file as i do not have enough room for a 8 page form!!

You have to do Form 80 (http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/80.pdf) and Form 1221 (http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1221.pdf) for each applicant. I have read on here that some people did not bother but my email from DIAC requests we complete them.

Where are you with your process?

Nat x[/quote']

Thanks so much Nat, that is a great help. I had no idea we were going to have to produce all of this!!!. The nightmare continues, I am sure I am turning grey with this whole visa process!! It is so stressful and never ever ending.

We got our SA SS about 3 weeks ago and submitted our visa on Saturday. We have not been requested to supply form 80 or 1221 yet so will hold off as it sounds a nightmare. Do you know what Form PDF10 is??? when we hit submit it came up with a document checklist and PDF10 was on it but my computer crashed shortly after and I can not find the form!!!

When are you hoping to go to Adelaide??? Do you have kids?

Good luck with your forms and thanks again for your help. Nicki:goofy:

Thanks so much Nat, that is a great help. I had no idea we were going to have to produce all of this!!!. The nightmare continues, I am sure I am turning grey with this whole visa process!! It is so stressful and never ever ending.

We got our SA SS about 3 weeks ago and submitted our visa on Saturday. We have not been requested to supply form 80 or 1221 yet so will hold off as it sounds a nightmare. Do you know what Form PDF10 is??? when we hit submit it came up with a document checklist and PDF10 was on it but my computer crashed shortly after and I can not find the form!!!

When are you hoping to go to Adelaide??? Do you have kids?

Good luck with your forms and thanks again for your help. Nicki:goofy:

Hi

We have about the same timeline as you, we had our SA SS approved at the end of May and submitted the online visa 176 13/05/11. We received an email from DIAC to acknowledge our lodgement, it was when i read further down the email that form 80 and 1221 needed doing?? The PDF10 is a guide about evidence to support your de facto relationship. We were worried about this as at the bottom of the PDF10 it asks you to provide 2 form 888 but it does not even relate to us, i even sent an email to DIAC and they said if its requested then it needs completing, we are not going to complete it though as it does not make sense, it seems its for people that are in Australia already. You will know what i mean once you see it. Its bizarre because PDF10 crashed a few times on me.

Not too sure when we intend to go just yet, all depends on the visa and our funds.

No we have not got any children? Do you? I feel really stressed today plus were off to Cyprus tomorrow and no packing done yet???

Nat x

Hi

We have about the same timeline as you' date=' we had our SA SS approved at the end of May and submitted the online visa 176 13/05/11. We received an email from DIAC to acknowledge our lodgement, it was when i read further down the email that form 80 and 1221 needed doing?? The PDF10 is a guide about evidence to support your de facto relationship. We were worried about this as at the bottom of the PDF10 it asks you to provide 2 form 888 but it does not even relate to us, i even sent an email to DIAC and they said if its requested then it needs completing, we are not going to complete it though as it does not make sense, it seems its for people that are in Australia already. You will know what i mean once you see it. Its bizarre because PDF10 crashed a few times on me.

Not too sure when we intend to go just yet, all depends on the visa and our funds.

No we have not got any children? Do you? I feel really stressed today plus were off to Cyprus tomorrow and no packing done yet???

Nat x[/quote']

Yes we have two small kids, 1 and 4.

Have a great time in Cyprus. Hope you get your form and packing done.

Have you been allocated a case officer yet?

Hi

We have about the same timeline as you' date=' we had our SA SS approved at the end of May and submitted the online visa 176 13/05/11. We received an email from DIAC to acknowledge our lodgement, it was when i read further down the email that form 80 and 1221 needed doing?? The PDF10 is a guide about evidence to support your de facto relationship. We were worried about this as at the bottom of the PDF10 it asks you to provide 2 form 888 but it does not even relate to us, i even sent an email to DIAC and they said if its requested then it needs completing, we are not going to complete it though as it does not make sense, it seems its for people that are in Australia already. You will know what i mean once you see it. Its bizarre because PDF10 crashed a few times on me.

Nat x[/quote']

oh no just looked at the end of the email from DIAC and we do hae to complete form 80 and 1221, great!!!! do you know where I can find the forms?? have you done yours yet??

oh no just looked at the end of the email from DIAC and we do hae to complete form 80 and 1221, great!!!! do you know where I can find the forms?? have you done yours yet??

Hi

On the above post, there are 2 links for the 2 forms. Good Luck.

No we haven't been allocated a case officer yet, i am not too sure what the timeframe of CO are to be honest.

Thank you..I cannot wait for a good relax in the sun, its much needed!! Oh...and a few cocktails :jiggy:

Nat x