still waiting

Hi all,

Weve lodged our SA SS application with just 2hours to go, phew sent our paperwork to adelaide on the 24th and got it there in 21/2 days, (DHL you are awesome) just before the 2nd may closing date, any one in the same boat as us or got there ss apps approved...

GOOD LUCK ALL

Guest Opportunities

Good luck Amanda and family! I agree, Oz is definitely squeezing everyone to perform at their best! Just hang in there, everything that is worth it in life comes with a lot of effort.

I agree, DHL is excellent when having to deliver within a day or two!

Karen

x

Guest helene73

I lodged the week before you still waiting to hear but then again I am not expecting to for a few weeks yet! I was told a minimum of 8 weeks by my agent but they are coming quicker :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest Opportunities
I lodged the week before you still waiting to hear but then again I am not expecting to for a few weeks yet! I was told a minimum of 8 weeks by my agent but they are coming quicker :)

Helene,

I believe you could be looking at less waiting time! Good luck!

Karen

x:cute:

Hi all,

Weve lodged our SA SS application with just 2hours to go, phew sent our paperwork to adelaide on the 24th and got it there in 21/2 days, (DHL you are awesome) just before the 2nd may closing date, any one in the same boat as us or got there ss apps approved...

GOOD LUCK ALL

Hiya Gary,

Our SS appn was sent 09/04/11, docs received by them on 19/04/11, still no decision yet. :sad:

Like Helen and many others, we were told it may take up to 8 weeks for a decision. After reading several posts on PIA by happy folks who have had the thumbs up for SS, it looks as though the decisions are coming back quicker than that.

I think we all just have to keep watching and waiting (and watching and waiting some more!)

Hang in there ;)

Rachael

Guest helene73
Helene,

I believe you could be looking at less waiting time! Good luck!

Karen

x:cute:

I do hope so :)

Haven't been checking going to leave it a couple of weeks till we get to 4 weeks then will have a peep, I am so nervous x

I do hope so :)

Haven't been checking going to leave it a couple of weeks till we get to 4 weeks then will have a peep, I am so nervous x

I cant help but look everyday, bit sad really but its something i have to do lol:D

Lets us know how you get on!!

Gary

Hiya Gary,

Our SS appn was sent 09/04/11, docs received by them on 19/04/11, still no decision yet. :sad:

Like Helen and many others, we were told it may take up to 8 weeks for a decision. After reading several posts on PIA by happy folks who have had the thumbs up for SS, it looks as though the decisions are coming back quicker than that.

I think we all just have to keep watching and waiting (and watching and waiting some more!)

Hang in there ;)

Rachael

Hi Rachael, it must quite frustrating to have to be looking most days, but to be honest with you, I CANT HELP IT :arghh:, dont know about you lol, however it might seem strange but i am relax about it all, and whats meant to be, is meant to be.

Have you been applying for this a long time? good luck Gary

Guest helene73
I cant help but look everyday, bit sad really but its something i have to do lol:D

Lets us know how you get on!!

Gary

Well hairdressers got removed today gary :( have to wait till tomorrow to see what's what :(

Well hairdressers got removed today gary :( have to wait till tomorrow to see what's what :(

aah thats not good, however i have heard that if your app had been accepted prior to the changes it wouldnt affect you, not sure but i hope this gives you a bit of hope hun:unsure

Guest helene73
aah thats not good, however i have heard that if your app had been accepted prior to the changes it wouldnt affect you, not sure but i hope this gives you a bit of hope hun:unsure

We have just had a hairdresser rejected who lodged ages ago I think that news had sealed our fates, oh well July isn't far away :)

Hi Rachael, it must quite frustrating to have to be looking most days, but to be honest with you, I CANT HELP IT :arghh:, dont know about you lol, however it might seem strange but i am relax about it all, and whats meant to be, is meant to be.

Have you been applying for this a long time? good luck Gary

Hi Gary,

Well I had been relaxed about it all until the news about the latest occupations that have been removed from the list :sad:

OH is a carpenter and so far we are ok. Could all change tomorrow...

We first contacted a migration agent in Dec 2009. Didn't set the ball rolling until Jan 2011 though. Ian submitted his papers to Vetassess 12/01/11, did his practical 25/02/11 and got the thumbs up mid March. We submitted our application for SS online 09/04/11, paperwork received by them 19/04/11. So as you can see, quite a laid back approach to it all so far. Suddenly realising the urgency to submit your documents ASAP!

Quite a steep learning curve we are on!

We are just getting the info together for the visa - assuming we get SS! Having to duplicate some documents though, as they are out of date. Doh!!!

Testing times...:skeptical:

Rach

Hi Gary,

Well I had been relaxed about it all until the news about the latest occupations that have been removed from the list :sad:

We first contacted a migration agent in Dec 2009. Didn't set the ball rolling until Jan 2011 though. Ian submitted his papers to Vetassess 12/01/11, did his practical 25/02/11 and got the thumbs up mid March. We submitted our application for SS online 09/04/11, paperwork received by them 19/04/11. So as you can see, quite a laid back approach to it all so far. Suddenly realising the urgency to submit your documents ASAP!

We are just getting the info together for the visa - assuming we get SS! Having to duplicate some documents though, as they are out of date. Doh!!!

Rach

Well Rachael, iv just checked out the list of occupations for SA SS and carpenter and plumber (me) are still on there, however as from the 1 July the Australian government will still be excepting applications but will be condensing everything down, so you would have to prove that your oh did an apprenticeship and other details to which i dont know yet, will be implemented.

I have also read in the Australian and new zealand journals that big Australian enterprises and businesses are demanding that the government re-open the gates as of lack of occupations over in oz, but they wont at the mo because they are scared of unemployment statistics (ACT have no unemployed and they want to keep it like that).....

The waiting game is a test of patience for us all i suppose.

Good things come to those who wait hahah lets hope hey!!!:)

:v_SPIN:

Well Rachael, iv just checked out the list of occupations for SA SS and carpenter and plumber (me) are still on there, however as from the 1 July the Australian government will still be excepting applications but will be condensing everything down, so you would have to prove that your oh did an apprenticeship and other details to which i dont know yet, will be implemented.

I have also read in the Australian and new zealand journals that big Australian enterprises and businesses are demanding that the government re-open the gates as of lack of occupations over in oz, but they wont at the mo because they are scared of unemployment statistics (ACT have no unemployed and they want to keep it like that).....

The waiting game is a test of patience for us all i suppose.

Good things come to those who wait hahah lets hope hey!!!:)

It does make me laugh, how much stuff you have to prove...

We already had to do that for Vetassess, but it's been really difficult as the firm Ian did his apprenticeship with, as with many companies he has contracted to since, no longer exist! He's been in the trade MANY years now, and with the slumps that have taken place in the building trade, it's hardly surprising.

They accepted a signed statement from a fella who did his apprenticeship under Ian's supervision, that Ian had done his apprenticeship there too!?! Hopefully, if required, the same document would suffice again.

It's crazy, but I kind of like it that they are so thorough...

I guess we've just got to roll with it. :v_SPIN:

Rach

Guest helene73
Hi Gary,

Rach

Your going to be fine :) don't worry you WILL get you SS.

I understand why your feeling doubtfully it's been one hell of day for a lot of us on here especially poor Susan and shelly and the rest of the hairdressers....... But we still have July :)

Xoxo