Do you think I am within my rights?

Guest Trakki

We had our medicals on 13th November and all was well. Petes daughter is 16 so expected her to have blood test but Dr said as she ws not coming she didn't need one. Now LCU have requested it. It is bad enough that it has to be at the same Drs. They live in Northamptonshire and Drs in in Sheffield, an hour from us in Lincolnshire. Now the Drs want to charge us £20 + VAT for the pleasure of their time as well as the £25 for the blood test. I am quite happy to pay for the blood test as we would have anyway but am a bit miffed at having to pay the other money. In total it will cost the best part of £50 which atr this time of year will struggle to find. I am going to ring the practice manager on new years eve (she is not in til then) and see if I can get them to omit this extra cost after all it is their fault we have to pay it as we were quite prepared for Sarah to have it done there and then. We have already paid them over £1000 for the medicals. Do you think I am within my rights. Would you do it?

Hope you all had a great christmas.

Guest guest569

If she's not coming then i can't see why they want to do the test ?? But i suppose they call the shots and if they say" jump" you say" how high ???"

50 pounds in the scheme of things to a better life or not coming is a small price to pay.

I wouldn't make waves.... There's plenty here to play in later.;)

Hi Tracey

I wouldn't bicker with any of the practice support staff. It isn't worth wasting your breath.

I'd insist on seeing the PD who did the original meds and I'd tell him that ifhe had listened to you in the first place, your daughter's bloods could and wuld have been done at the same time as the meds for the rest of the family. Therefore unless he wants his practice named and shamed on the web (plus a formal complaint made to the Australian High Commission in London) for giving advice which turns out not to accord with DIAC'e requirements, the PD would like to do this blood test for free in the circs, would he not?

Bicker with the organ grinder alone, I suggest. I would simply tell the monkeys, "I will discuss this direct with your boss and he/she will instruct you about what to do later." I really would simply leave it at that.

The relevant lady at the AHC takes a very dim view of medics in the UK who mess visa applicants about. If you need her contact details, please let me know.

Best wishes

Gill :policeman:

hi tracey,

shame about all these additional things to do. it's hard enough as it is!!!!

and i can see your point of having £50 or not ... especially with so much you have to pay during the whole process anyways!

but then again if it gets you to oz ....

just a silly question: why the same doctor???? what if your child lives abroad?!?!?!

there must be a different solution to this...:wacko:

fingers crossed :cute:

hI

Must agree with Gill talk to the panel doc why should you have to pay for his mistake they have training to know what they are doing.

be carefull about naming and shameing I did that about the panel doc we used when our meds got held in customs for HIS mistake and cost us 200 quid to get release. I named him on british expats and someone rung and told him (tosser) and he has warned us with legal action so had to remove it. but have told him to pay our duty or we will report him. So tell doc if you have to pay for his time you will report his error.

Good luck. these doctors have got to big for their boots.

Tina x:D

hi tracey,

shame about all these additional things to do. it's hard enough as it is!!!!

and i can see your point of having £50 or not ... especially with so much you have to pay during the whole process anyways!

but then again if it gets you to oz ....

just a silly question: why the same doctor???? what if your child lives abroad?!?!?!

there must be a different solution to this...:wacko:

fingers crossed :cute:

Don't know why the same Dr, thats what the letter states. Our main problem is the logistics (as well as the money) It takes a 3 hour round trip to collect Sarah and then a 2 hour round trip from here for the meds, then another 3 hour round trip to take her home. A lot of driving for me or Pete and Sarah works so has got to get ime off work. We only have until 13th Jan to do this as it has to be done within 28 days from the date of the letter which was 13th December. Sarah didn't get the letter til 24th. I looked into Sarah

getting a train to Sheffield and then one of us meeting her there to take her but this would be a 3 hour train journey with a change in the middle and Sarah is only 16 so not too keen on that.

Thanks also Gill, I will bear your advice in mind. Am going to speak to the practice manager and if I don't get anywhere go higher.

I know I sound stingy quibbling about £20 odd pounds but with 4 kids (6 if you count Petes 2), and christmas just over plus Jacks birthday is on new years day, plus me being on mat leave so on half pay we are seriously going to struggle. If anything it will be the Diesel costs that will cripple us with all the mileage. Plus it has also obviously added time onto the visa process :sad::realmad:

Anyways thanks

Guest sarahsmartiepants

Good luck Tray. I would do what Gollywobbler says! If it doesnt help just think of the day you get your visa!!! That should see you through!!

Steve and Tina, can you not post a thread about "A certain PD" without saying his name then invite people to ask you who via PM???

Hi Tray,

I would speak to the practice manager explain the problems travelling etc and ask her to speak to the Dr concerned and come back to you. Put it there hands.

Many be they can send you the blood form than you can have the blood taken at your local surgery and then get it sent by courier. I know this will cost you the price of the courier but if the Dr agrees than it is a solution.

There is no way you should go for a medical and be informed a family member do not need a blood test when they do. The doctors you went to have not carried out the medicals in accordance with what the Australian visa people request.

Lynne

Guest happy-jools

Hi Tracey.

Not really sure what the best thing is to do, but can sense the panic and stress in your post, and wanted to let you know that were thinking of you.

Sending you a PIA hug.xxx:wubclub:

Whoops I called you tray!!!! I always miss letters out when i type!!!

Sorry tracy!

sarah

Just thought I'd be picky and say you left 2 letters out!! :P Sorry couldn't resist!!:D

Thanks all for your support and Julia you are so rightm just the thought of everything doing my head in. I also finishe mat leave on 7th Jan so not a good time for everything.

Anyway, speak soon

TracEy

It is a total rip-off.

However, it may also be one of those times when you just have to smile and pay up, knowing full well that in a short time they will still be trudging to work on a cold grey morning, making life as miserable for others as they themselves feel, while you will all be laughing on the other side of the world at them.

Pay the money and walk away :)

hI

Must agree with Gill talk to the panel doc why should you have to pay for his mistake they have training to know what they are doing.

be carefull about naming and shameing I did that about the panel doc we used when our meds got held in customs for HIS mistake and cost us 200 quid to get release. I named him on british expats and someone rung and told him (tosser) and he has warned us with legal action so had to remove it. but have told him to pay our duty or we will report him. So tell doc if you have to pay for his time you will report his error.

Good luck. these doctors have got to big for their boots.

(Tina x:D

Hi Tina.

The Truth, Fair Comment and Justification are all absolute defences to allegations, of defamation. I'd have told the doctor that I was shielded in 3 different ways against any allegations from him, therefore, and told him in no uncertain terms to join BE and aplogise for his own cock-up - in public - to me, plus confirm that he intended to sort the mess out at his own cost forthwith. He should have been eating humble pie to you, not the other way around.

Who does this guy think he is? Since when did a doctor get trained as a lawyer as well? (Not since the days of Lord Justice Ormerod back in the 1960s.) Do lawyers tell doctors how to do brain surgery?

What a complete pillock!!!! How to make a complete clown of yourself in one easy move was what your Panel Doctor was doing to himself when he tried to threaten you, lassie.

Cheers

Gill

Hey!

I believe you are well within your rights....!!! The doctors and practice should know the rules of the country the meds are for. This is their mistake and they should foot some ( or all....but that might be greedy ) of the bill....!!

Dan and Steph

Hi Dan & Steph

Mileage/fuel is difficult to quantify in terms of cost because of the add-ons such wear & tear on tyres etc.

However, I don't see why this doctor shouldn't waive the £50 plus pay an air courier to deliver the missing blood test to the LCU toute de suite.

Also, Tracey should remember that the buck stops with the doctor, not with the Practice Manager. The doctor owns the business. The manager does not.

Cheers

Gill