Medical for 17 year old non-migrating dependent

Guest JayandEm

Guest JayandEm

Hi,

I wonder if anyone could help please. I completed the 176 Visa application online and in the document section and I had to download medical forms for myself, my partner and his 17 year old daughter (who will be 18 in October 11) who is not migrating with us. However, when I have logged onto our visa tracker and click onto the document checklist, it lists the documents required for Person 1 and Person 2 but no mention of medical forms for OH daughter.

Does anyone know if she will need a medical? When we mentioned it to her she was not happy about being prodded and pocked and having blood taken etc when she doesnt even want to come with us. Should I just wait until we get a CO and see what they say? I know I am being impatient but I wanted to get the medicals booked!!

Thanks in advance and I hope the question made sense!!!

Emma

Guest karyn1
Hi,

I wonder if anyone could help please. I completed the 176 Visa application online and in the document section and I had to download medical forms for myself, my partner and his 17 year old daughter (who will be 18 in October 11) who is not migrating with us. However, when I have logged onto our visa tracker and click onto the document checklist, it lists the documents required for Person 1 and Person 2 but no mention of medical forms for OH daughter.

Does anyone know if she will need a medical? When we mentioned it to her she was not happy about being prodded and pocked and having blood taken etc when she doesnt even want to come with us. Should I just wait until we get a CO and see what they say? I know I am being impatient but I wanted to get the medicals booked!!

Thanks in advance and I hope the question made sense!!!

Hi,

We were in a similar situation with my step-son (lives in Florida with his Mother). Our CO requested his medical, he was not keen, or was his Mother, so she emailed the CO directly, saying why they didn't want to have him go through the medical ie-he was never going to move to be with us, the distance they would have to travel to get the medical done, how she couldn't get time off work to take him for it..etc!

After a few emails back and forward, her scanning her passport/drivers licence to verify her signature, his medical request was removed from our application! I think every CO is different, and you should wait so see what they say nearer the time. Hope that helps :)

Oh, forgot to say step-son is 14 years old!

Guest JayandEm

Hi Karyn

Thanks for your reply and the information. I think you're right, we should wait to be assigned a CO, I'm just being impatient, lol! The thing that struck me as odd, was that in the document checklist on our tracker, it did not mention her medical just medicals for Person 1 and 2. Oh well, I will wait and see, I have sent an email enquiring about this to DIAC via the visa tracking system though, I know, I'm a pest lol!!

Guest karyn1

Maybe because she will be over 18 and non dependant on you by the time you get there, they don't need a medical for her? Good luck with it all :)