ielts panic

Guest ozfish

Guest Guest6899
:goofy: getting my act together to do the IELTS , and am really worried about getting the required points. any advice????:arghh:

I wont give much advice I failed mine 3 times, embarrassing especially as i already have a good GCSE grade in English + born and bred, lol. The general is far easier than the acedemic unsure which one your taking. Just keep calm and read the questions carefully. The speaking & listening will be easy but if your taking academic version i suggest you do some practice before hand on the writing and reading. There are lots of practice sites + books just google. I enrolled on ielts higher in the end but that costs another £35 a month.

Good Luck

Lisa

Guest moviemummy
:goofy: getting my act together to do the IELTS , and am really worried about getting the required points. any advice????:arghh:

Hi

I found it really weird! It was all so blinking quick. You need to listen carefully but it's not hard.

Good luck.

L x :)

Hi

if you're doing the academic IELTS I would advise getting a book or some test papers off the internet.

The exam is not hard but its the style of the questions which can cause confusion (I found the reading and writing sections the hardest)

Practice,practice practice!!!!

Good luck

Guest vicky_1970

the best advice I was given was practice, practice, practice and don't be complacent. I was really nervous and ended up getting a 9 overall. You can get the books out of the library (try and get the ones with CDs for practice) and I found this website helpful - www.ielts-exam.net - they have practice papers etc.

Good luck

Guest 2adults2cheekykids

HI i have just seen your thread and wondered if you would mind me asking some advice?

i have recently sat the general version of the ielts following the wrong advice but have since found out i need the academic version for my nursing skill assessment!!!!! anyway i have noticed that you applied for your skill assessment prior to the ielts, i am currently using a migration agent who said i have pass the itelts first? im confused!!

Many thanks

hayley

Guest ozfish
the best advice I was given was practice, practice, practice and don't be complacent. I was really nervous and ended up getting a 9 overall. You can get the books out of the library (try and get the ones with CDs for practice) and I found this website helpful - www.ielts-exam.net - they have practice papers etc.

Good luck

Thanks for your advice~ i'm a midwife and I know i've got to do the academic test, and before my skills assessment, i'll try and get some books etc!!:jiggy:

Guest ozfish

anybody know if the cambridge 7 series are suitable for academic test or just the general??:goofy::wacko:

Thanks for your advice~ i'm a midwife and I know i've got to do the academic test, and before my skills assessment, i'll try and get some books etc!!:jiggy:

Guest vicky_1970

By the way - are you sure you need to do the academic test - i though this was for people who wanted to study or teach in Australia ???

Guest vicky_1970
HI i have just seen your thread and wondered if you would mind me asking some advice?

i have recently sat the general version of the ielts following the wrong advice but have since found out i need the academic version for my nursing skill assessment!!!!! anyway i have noticed that you applied for your skill assessment prior to the ielts, i am currently using a migration agent who said i have pass the itelts first? im confused!!

Many thanks

hayley

Hi I didn't need the IELTS result for my skills assessment. I just got the ball rolling on as many things as I could !!

Guest Ellie

My Hubby failed! Very upset as he was Born and has always lived in England. He also got high grades for English at School. It didn't help his first assignments was on day time TV??? How he was supposed to know anything on that subject when he worked all day is beyond us. We were coming on the 175 Visa and we were worried as we needed the points and he was going to have to do it again. However the 176 Visa was introduced to Adelaide as SA was not covered by this Visa. It is still a permanent Visa and less points so we changed and got in without the IELTS. Unless it's all changed you didn't have to have it, it was an option to make the points up. I know if you couldn't speak much English you had to do it or you had a set amount of time to improve and pass a test once you were here.

Guest ozfish

yep i think so~ or so i've been told by lots of migration agents....i dont want to sit the general then realise its the wrong one!:jiggy:

By the way - are you sure you need to do the academic test - i though this was for people who wanted to study or teach in Australia ???