Short Term Rentals - Northern Suberbs

Guest guest7008

Guest guest7008

Hi, Been trawling the site and others looking for links/info on short term rentals in the Northern Suburbs, we need to be north of Adelaide for OH work (Metal Machinist) and have been advised that most of this work is in the North, however, having looked at loads of info, there is not that many holiday rentals or contacts etc for short term lets in these areas, also they seem to be ore expensive than the South, does anyone out there have any contacts for Northern Adelaide Holiday homes etc? Cheers in advance for any help/info Helen

Try a user Jarnasa (Donna) on here - she has a few properties towards the north - such as Mawson Lakes. I think the website is something like realestateowners.net.au but try a member search or a google search (I'd do it but just on way out to work!)

Good luck

Guest guest7008

Hi, thanks for that, we are a large family, me, oh and 6 children, so we will be needing a large place once we arrive, we will be going into a holiday rental when we first arrive then have a look around all the northern sub, east and west, in your opinion, when we arrive, where should we locate ourselfs roughly, to then get a good look around the areas we need without spending all day every day in a car with 6 children? Been looking on maps etc, but so hard to exactly pick a spot! I see you live in Highbury - we been researching there and also Redwood Park, Golden Grove and surrounds, but as we have kids of huge age differences, we need Kindy, infants, Juniors, High school and colleges!!! (got a headache already!!) Any advice/tips would be very appreciated Helen

Hi again

A good place to start might be http://www.domain.com.au - this is slightly less well known than it's competitor, realestate.com.au but I do like the search facility on there. You can narrow down your search by selecting just north and north east suburbs for instance, then number of bedrooms etc. I've just had a look at the for sale section and come up with this: http://www.domain.com.au/Search/buy/Property/House/Terrace/Semi-Detached/Duplex/State/SA/Area/North-North-East-Suburbs/?bedrooms=%3E5 but obviously you can do the same for long term rentals as well.

I would say all the north east suburbs would be well worth considering (Athelstone, Dernancourt, Highbury, Hope Valley, Vista, Tea Tree Gully, Banksia Park, Golden Grove, Wynn Vale, Greenwith etc) - there is no shortage of great schools (primary and high) around, and good transport links into the City for when the older ones want to go to College/Uni/TAFE etc.

It's going to come down to budget probably at the end of the day with a family the size of yours (:notworthy:) - probably best not to go much further out than Golden Grove though as the further out you go, the more limited your options in terms of school choice etc. The North Western suburbs are much more built up so you may find getting a big enough place a little harder there, although of course it IS nearer the beaches if that's important to you.

HTH

Diane

Guest guest7008

Hi, thanks so much for that, its good to get a rough idea, as you said, there a lot of kids so need to sort schools as well. House prices seem very reasonable in the North East, so we should get a good house when we do buy, will be renting for 6 months etc, then looking to buy. Many thanks for your help and advice Helen