Online Applications and Med/Police checks

Guest Shy Ted

Guest Shy Ted

Hi Guys,

Quick question for those who have trodden the path already. We have lodged our visa online. The online checklist says med checks and penal clearance are outstanding Do we get them done now or do we wait until we are told to proceed with those checks?

cheers,

Richie

Hi Guys,

Quick question for those who have trodden the path already. We have lodged our visa online. The online checklist says med checks and penal clearance are outstanding Do we get them done now or do we wait until we are told to proceed with those checks?

cheers,

Richie

Hi

There is nothing stopping you getting them done now but they are only valid for 12 months. We waited until Co asked for our meds but we were lucky to get a doctor to do it at short notice. But the CO does give you 28 day to get them done after they asked for them. We applied in Sept and sent off for the pcc in Oct cos they take 40 days but only cost a tenner each.

Good Luck

Tina x:jiggy:

Guest Martin and Val

Hi Richie,

We used a agent and also lodged our Visa application on-line. Like you we asked the same question and the answer that came back was "No they are not requesting that you go and have them done, it's just the check list" and were told to wait until requested to do so.

However they also advised us that around three months from application would be about the time medicals would be requested, and as we will be in Aus on holiday at that time we have decided to go ahead, and have booked our medicals for 15th Jan before we go. The medicals will be sent directly to Sydney by the Doctors.

We have also just sent off our Police checks and hope to get them back just before our holiday, these we will forward to our agent who will send them on.

Only thing you must be aware of is, you have 12 months to enter Australia from the date of the Medical or Police check which ever was done first. In affect we must be ready to go before 15th Jan 2009. (we intend and hope to go by Sept 2008 anyway)

Hope this helps, good luck

Martin and Val 26_11_8.gif

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb112&pp=ZNxdm824YYGB

Guest Shy Ted

Hi Guys,

Thanks for taking the time to help me out on this one. I've already applied for the PCC checks, so they are on the way. I think I'll just get the meds done too as I'm off as soon as the visa is granted, I can' put up with the UK a minute longer than I have to!

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks Tracey,

I have at last managed to send them to the aspc address above. I think there must of been a problem with the police certificates attached which is why it did not go through on the first 2 tries.

So hopefully I have done it right.

Guest dempseys

hi there!

just wondering if anybody could give us a rough time frame as to how long the police checks have taken to come through, i know they say 40 days but just curious if any have taken less time, we sent ours just before xmas. oh has job offer which they have said they will keep the post open until march for him, as anyone in our situation will appreciate getting a job over there while still here has been the biggest pain in the A**e so this is great news. just getting worried incase checks dont come through, we're all set to go just need to book flights!!!

p.s how do you recieve checks are they by e-mail or post, and then what do you do with them??

sorry to waffle

macky, mark and aaron

:jiggy:

I think it depends where you live, (Lincolnshire actual tell you that it will be right up to the 40 days as they are busy) as you say they have to be back in 40 days but you will find that this is 40 days from when they receive them. We sent ours off, 10 days later got a letter saying it would be a mx of 10 days from then. In actual fact it took 37 days, I think from other posts I have read they tend to be right up to the 40 day mark. You get it in the post and as we have done online application (175) just attched it as we did other documents. Sorry can't help with that as you are on a different visa.

HTH