When do we book for medicals??

leelee53

Hi, we lodged our 176 visa app on 14th May and are now awaiting a CO. Wanted to ask if we now wait for a CO to advise us to book our medicals or is this something we could be doing now?

HI we waited for the case officer to request them. You can get them done before but it will shorten the time you have to validate your visa as they will go from the date your meds where done . so you get them now and not have a c/o for another couple of months you will lose that time same with the police checks. So my advice would be to wait, others may say different but it depends on how soon you can sort things out.

Guest Mizzmp

We are going to wait til we are asked just in case. Chrisfen46, your visa came through mega quick! I have seen another person on here who got their 176 as a welder in about 8 weeks from date of lodgement. I wonder if they are trying to clear us all before July? Heres hoping.

Guest JayandEm

We submitted our 176 application on 9 May and have gone ahead and requested police checks and have already had our medicals!!! We can move to Aus within a month of getting our visa so timescales not an issue for us