yipee - got IELTS results!

Guest Adelaide_bound

Guest Adelaide_bound

Massive sigh of relief - got 9.0 9.0 8.0 9.0 - overall 9.0 (which I don't understand, as I only got 8.0 for the writing, but there you go) for the Academic version.

And yar boo sucks to the snotty woman at the test centre who asked me what I hoped to get and when I said I needed an 8 but wanted a 9 at least for the speaking/listening/reading bits looked at me like I was mad, even when I went on to explain why I thought I might be able to get that mark and said very patronisingly 'well, we have had a couple of people get 9.0s in the time we have been doing it here'.

So anyone yet to take it - just do a couple of practise exams, remember the key things they are looking for, READ the questions, and chillax - tis not that bad just a long day....

:D

Guest alex27

that woman sounds like an idiot! I got 9s and 8s as well and didnt even study! i agree-its not that bad just long-they don't let you leave the exam until everyone else is finished. I remember sitting there for like 40 minutes after each section! anyway, well done!

Massive sigh of relief - got 9.0 9.0 8.0 9.0 - overall 9.0 (which I don't understand, as I only got 8.0 for the writing, but there you go) for the Academic version.

And yar boo sucks to the snotty woman at the test centre who asked me what I hoped to get and when I said I needed an 8 but wanted a 9 at least for the speaking/listening/reading bits looked at me like I was mad, even when I went on to explain why I thought I might be able to get that mark and said very patronisingly 'well, we have had a couple of people get 9.0s in the time we have been doing it here'.

So anyone yet to take it - just do a couple of practise exams, remember the key things they are looking for, READ the questions, and chillax - tis not that bad just a long day....

:DFabulous news - well done!! Forget the snotty woman - full speed ahead to your next stage ;)

Rach x

Guest fatman

Well done thats great results. :D

Guest Adelaide_bound

Many thanks everyone - indeed one more stage down and ticked off, onto the next bit! :D

And thanks mummytummy - my Husband is a clever bean if I do say so myself :D (although I'm still not too sure about the picture he drew of me to be my avatar on there lol).

Guest Becster19

Great news. I got mine on Friday and got an 8.5. It is such a relief. Did not want to have another conversation about the layout of my house and what was nice about it! :biglaugh:

Guest ozfish

Just putting in for my academic test!!! am practising all i can!!!!:chatterbox: WELL DONE!!!

Guest Adelaide_bound
Just putting in for my academic test!!! am practising all i can!!!!:chatterbox: WELL DONE!!!

Cheers, don't stress - I only did a couple of papers practise, just remember to READ the actual question - remember it is a test for people who don't speak English as their first language (I think I was the only one at my test centre for whom English was a first language - certainly no one else that I heard was speaking it whilst we were waiting around), so don't stress you will be fine :)

Guest ozfish

:chatterbox: IELTS booked for 16/7/11 !!!! it all seems a bit realnow!!!:goofy:

Cheers, don't stress - I only did a couple of papers practise, just remember to READ the actual question - remember it is a test for people who don't speak English as their first language (I think I was the only one at my test centre for whom English was a first language - certainly no one else that I heard was speaking it whilst we were waiting around), so don't stress you will be fine :)

Guest Adelaide_bound
:chatterbox: IELTS booked for 16/7/11 !!!! it all seems a bit realnow!!!:goofy:

Seriously - not a problem at all, if you stress too much you won't focus on the questions, and will muck up - remember it is a test for non-english speaking people (as it were - in the way a French GCSE is for non-French speaking people iyswim) - so don't stress, just chillax and smile your way to a lovely pass (equally don't be coc*y though lol).

Honestly, you will be fine imho.

Guest guest8040

We have just started with our application and so far are waiting to hear from Vetassess. We are using an agent and they said we will need to sit one of these tests - do they arrange it or do we take it upon ourselves to sort it and if so, where do we start? And I am the main applicant going for a 176 visa - will my husband need to take the test too? Thanks in advance! (still feeling totally lacking in knowledge about this whole process reading the threads on here - argh!)

Guest Becster19

You will need to organise yourself. If you go the IELTS website you can search for your nearest test centre. There is a general and an academic test. Check with your agent which one they want you to take. If your the main applicant only you need to do it. If you are claiming points for partner skills your OH may have to do it, I'm not sure. Honesty you learn as you go. Don't worry.

:goofy:well, i've just finished doing a practice test for my ielts tomorrow, hopefully i'll do ok, the bit i'm most worried about is the writing but i shall try and do what i keep telling the kids to do - my best. Just hope the examiner's nice ;) Is anyone else at Birmingham by any chance tomorrow?

:goofy:well, i've just finished doing a practice test for my ielts tomorrow, hopefully i'll do ok, the bit i'm most worried about is the writing but i shall try and do what i keep telling the kids to do - my best. Just hope the examiner's nice ;) Is anyone else at Birmingham by any chance tomorrow?

Good luck for tomorrow, Sue.

Let us know how it all went - you'll do just fine!

Rachael x