Gutted!!

Guest teammorris

Guest teammorris

Just sat down to start the online application roller coaster for state sponsorship, and met the words "this site is closed until...." any ideas when we will be able to start the process, the site says about the new year beginning 1st July 2011, but cannot give a date as to when we'll be able to start applying???

Apart from researching areas/suburbs, and looking for jobs, can anybody offer any advice on other items we should be researching/looking into whilst we wait for this all important date?

We really don't have any idea about the process (only what we've researched and read on here) but looking at it we'll be applying for a 176 visa(I passed an online test for this, and still haven't had a call from the agent) hence, we're thinking about doing it ourselves (a friend said it was possible!) so any advice about what to apply for and when and how etc would be really helpful.

At the moment we're scratching our heads about IELTS and TRA etc etc!!! Please, any advice gratefully recieved, no matter how stupid/small/trivial etc you may think it is!!!

Thanks alot, Team Morris

Guest tilly

the agent we used was brilliant, i have no idea if you can still get everything sorted to be honest but we hit a brick wall with trying to do it all ourselves. soon as we started using this agent everything got a lot easier. we knew where we were going and what to do next. the person we used was mick breen at destination oz - he's not registered with the aussies so his fees are a lot lower - think its worked out to about 700 rather than the usual 3500 that a lot charge. you have to do a lot of the work yourself but he is honest and up front with you about everything. sure if you google it his details will come up. thats really all i can give you. hope it helps

Guest helene73

No one had any idea yet when it will reopen but if it is after the July changes then you won't have long to wait, I have to wait for the SMP as my occupation was taken off while I was lodged!! :(

One word of advice use a agent that is MARA registered.

Be patient you haven't long to wait and see what happens :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest helene73

By the way your first step before lodging your SA SS is to your skills assessed with TRA or the other one forgot it's name.

Check the number next to your occupation to see what you need to get for your itels a 6 is usually just having a uk passport above is the score you need to get for your test, your visa agent should explain this but you need to do these steps before you can lodge your SS :)

Guest tilly

vetassess is the other one - thats who my OH had to go through, can i ask by the way what does ss stand for? i'm sure i seem really dense for asking but i just cant work it out!

The same thing happened to us this time last year, and previous to that the skills list got reduced by 2 thirds job list from over 350 down to just over 160 we was gutted back then too, I had already passed the TRA that was a roller coaster in its self. At the time I was pulling my hair out and believed the deam was over.

The best thing to do is try and think positive easier said than done, and it does really get you down and nobody who has not been through it for themselves understands-and why would they.

Origionally i was going for the normal visa-then job removed,-gutted-

then started looking at state sponsorship and liked the look of the south area anyway-then that shut down and the skill list was being changed also- we had to wait a painful 5-6 months more then thankfully the SS application started to roll again.

Again the painful waiting game took place- The whole proccess and pain happens again-and you have your doubts.

suddenly the light starts to shine,yer theres more waiting and it is hard to stay positive,then if your lucky and it is meant to be things do get better and then it can go really quickly,

I really hope that everyone on here who is waiting gets there results and the SS they want,Our 2 1/2 year roller coaster is still on going this time its thehopefully end bit in the uk-

with the good old your house is really nice BUT............. story

Anyway thats my little ramble over--and good luck

andrew

All the best and Its better to start the process some where -TRA

Guest helene73
vetassess is the other one - thats who my OH had to go through, can i ask by the way what does ss stand for? i'm sure i seem really dense for asking but i just cant work it out!

State sponsorship Tilly :)

Guest Adelaide_bound
I have to wait for the SMP as my occupation was taken off while I was lodged!! :(

]

You haven't been taken off the SMP babe - just reached the quota, so when they reopen in July, the quote will be set back to 0 automatically as its from July - June 31st each year, and you will be able to reapply (I read something today about a DIAC presentation talking about it today, and there wasn't any talk of SMPs being redone by States, but very much sounds like the new points system is going through, so they should reopen SS either on or very very soon after 1st July).

So its not as bad as it could be :D

Guest helene73
You haven't been taken off the SMP babe - just reached the quota, so when they reopen in July, the quote will be set back to 0 automatically as its from July - June 31st each year, and you will be able to reapply (I read something today about a DIAC presentation talking about it today, and there wasn't any talk of SMPs being redone by States, but very much sounds like the new points system is going through, so they should reopen SS either on or very very soon after 1st July).

So its not as bad as it could be :D

Thanks Adelaide bound for that you have made me a very happy girl :)