Online Visa Application Help !!

Guest vicky_1970

Guest vicky_1970

I'm trying to be extremely organised here and was wondering if anyone could tell me what documents are needed to go with the online visa application.

Haven't even made it as far as State Sponsorship yet as missed the deadline, and waiting desperately for July but I need to make sure I have everything ready to go so it all progresses as quick as possible.

Any help would be gratefully received - I'm sure this question has been asked loads of times but i can't seem to find any info.

Thanks

Vicky

Guest Claire
I'm trying to be extremely organised here and was wondering if anyone could tell me what documents are needed to go with the online visa application.

Haven't even made it as far as State Sponsorship yet as missed the deadline, and waiting desperately for July but I need to make sure I have everything ready to go so it all progresses as quick as possible.

Any help would be gratefully received - I'm sure this question has been asked loads of times but i can't seem to find any info.

Thanks

Vicky

Hi Vicky,

I will try to help as much as possible!

What are you going over based on, what do you work as, are you married? Are you applying for the 176 visa?

We are going over (hopefully) based on Ross's occupation, he is a electrician.

For the visa we had to send the following:

• Birth Certificates for us both (we have no kids) if you have kids they will require these for them.
  • Copy of the photo page of the passports
  • Evidence of relationship, if your married the marriage certificate is suffice. If not you will need to send statements from 2 people confirming your relationship etc, these must be witnessed by a solicitor. You and your partner must also complete a statement this should be signed by you both. This doesnt have to be witnessed.
  • Evidence of qualifications - as Ross is an electrician we had to send his qualifications and proof of apprenticeship etc.
  • Ross had to sit a vetassess exam we had to forward the pass results for this also.
  • confirmation of Ross's work experience. We issued a reference from his employer and 1 paylsip for each year he has worked for them.
  • 2 x passport photo's for each applicant.
  • you will be required to send of for Police Checks, if you are from the UK you gt these from ACPO - http://www.acpo.police.uk/NationalPolicing/ACROCriminalRecordsOffice/PoliceCertificates.aspx
  • You will also be required to undergo medicals, depending on where you are from will determine what hospital you go to.
  • And last but not least, confirmation of that all important state sponsorship!

I hope this helps, if you need any further advise let me know!

Claire :D x

Guest vicky_1970

Thanks - that is brilliant. Yes we are going for the 176 visa - I am a policy and planning manager - I have got my positive skills assessment through vetassess and sat my IELTS getting a 9 overall. I think the rest of the docs are those I had to get for either skills assessment or SA SS (which I missed by 1 week!!). And I am married and have a 3.5 year old.

I just want to make sure that when July comes I am not panicking looking for copies of documents etc.

Can you also tell me what other forms need to be completed ? If you are doing an online application do you still have to complete form 80 ?

Vicky

Guest Claire
Thanks - that is brilliant. Yes we are going for the 176 visa - I am a policy and planning manager - I have got my positive skills assessment through vetassess and sat my IELTS getting a 9 overall. I think the rest of the docs are those I had to get for either skills assessment or SA SS (which I missed by 1 week!!). And I am married and have a 3.5 year old.

I just want to make sure that when July comes I am not panicking looking for copies of documents etc.

Can you also tell me what other forms need to be completed ? If you are doing an online application do you still have to complete form 80 ?

Vicky

Thats a shame, missing it by 1 week! But there is always July as you say.

We werent asked to complete the form 80, what is this for?

The only thing we had to do outwith the online application was get written statements as we arent married. This was a complete pain!

Claire

Guest vicky_1970

Thanks Claire - you have made me feel very organised and relieved - only thing i need to get are passport photos for us all !!

Form 80 - Personal Particulars for characted Assessment. This was on the application document checklist for skilled - sponsored migrant visa - paper application. I have already started my online application and a lot of the same info was required on there.

Did you have to detail all travel outside of Australia for both you AND your partner ? Also did you have to provide details of both your and your partners family (parents, brothers, sisters etc) ?

It is a little more complicated for my husband and myself as we are both adopted. I was adopted at 3 months old - have always known and do know my birth name but have no evidence to prove it. He was adopted by who he thought was his dad all along but only found out age 26 - again neither of us have original birth certificates just adopted ones !!

Thankyou so much for your help with this Claire - I am desperately counting the days until SA SS opens again and hoping my occupation is still on the list as I feel I have got a little way down the road already !! I am a very impatient person and want everything yesterday !!

Vicky

Guest Claire
Thanks Claire - you have made me feel very organised and relieved - only thing i need to get are passport photos for us all !!

Form 80 - Personal Particulars for characted Assessment. This was on the application document checklist for skilled - sponsored migrant visa - paper application. I have already started my online application and a lot of the same info was required on there.

Did you have to detail all travel outside of Australia for both you AND your partner ? Also did you have to provide details of both your and your partners family (parents, brothers, sisters etc) ?

It is a little more complicated for my husband and myself as we are both adopted. I was adopted at 3 months old - have always known and do know my birth name but have no evidence to prove it. He was adopted by who he thought was his dad all along but only found out age 26 - again neither of us have original birth certificates just adopted ones !!

Thankyou so much for your help with this Claire - I am desperately counting the days until SA SS opens again and hoping my occupation is still on the list as I feel I have got a little way down the road already !! I am a very impatient person and want everything yesterday !!

Vicky

I think the statements from our family and friens where equivlant to the form 80, as thats what our friends had to do.

We didnt put holidays etc on the form, as we thought the form was asking more about travelling/living in a different country for a particular length of time. We had to provide details of the main applicant (Ross's) mum, dad, and his brothers. I didnt have to provide anything like that.

I am pretty sure the CO will appreciate you and your husbands situation, surely they cant expect information you may not be able to physically provide. I am sure the adopted birth certs would be suffice!

I can only imagine how you feel waiting Vicky, I honestly hope it comes quick for you! We had our medicals last week and mine have been refferred so seems I may be waiting a while for the approval decison! I have a medical condition so had an idea my meds would be refferrred but was hoping so much they wouldnt!

Hope this helps, if you need help just give me a shout :)