Seeking Employment:Very positive feedback!

Guest Opportunities

Guest Opportunities

To all,

Once the grant of the visa has been received, we move on to all the things to deal with before we leave...

Thereafter we start thinking of employment opportunities in our field...

I thought it would be very encouraging to share our experience from Adelaide Employers with you guys on here. I have read alot of negative responses to people searching for employment and I would like to advise that it is not the case.

We are only moving over in December which is a terrible time for tradies as it is close to the annual shutdown for the manufacturing industry, however, I did the exercise yesterday. I took 12 companies which is relevant to OH's trade and send them an e-mail with his resume and advising that he has the right to work in Oz. To my surprise, I had 7 responses!!!!! Very positive,saying anything from: they will circle the date and he needs to contact them when he lands; another asked whether we are willing to settle in a regional area?

The one company that we secretly were wishing to get a positive reaction from said: We will be in contact shortly! How great is that.No job offer yet, but the ball is now in our court as we need to give feedback to these responses. This all happened between yesterday and today.

I can honestly say that we weren't part of the pack that NEVER HEARD ANYTHING!

There is alot of great employers out there, start looking at the companies relevant to your trade and target them.

Good luck!

Karen

x :D

Guest fishes20

Thats great news, I have read a few negative comments and it does add to the doubts, so thanks for sharing that snippet of info:)

Jase

I have done something similar even though we are not due to move out until July 2012 and have sent my résumé to 4 companies and 2 have responded - both basically saying for thanks and to submit an updated résumé about 2-3 months before hand but they will kep me on file.

I keep looking for agencies to send my résumé to and if anyone knows of any agencies that deal with Business Analysts please let me know.