Sponsored applications

cribber

Hello All,

I'm just doing some groundwork before deciding if emigrating is right for me and my family.

Does anyone have advice on contacting employers directly and asking if they are willing to sponsor a visa application?

I work in the Defence industry as a project manager and am hoping there's plenty of choice!!!!!

Any advice would be much appreciated. :D

Paul.

Guest dglamoore

Hi Paul

Sorry cannot help with the question as I have no experience of employer sponsored migration - just wanted to say hi and welcome to the forum :D

Have you looked at applying for any of the skilled visas or is employer sponsored the only route open to you?

Lisa :D

Guest Guest75
Hello All,

I'm just doing some groundwork before deciding if emigrating is right for me and my family.

Does anyone have advice on contacting employers directly and asking if they are willing to sponsor a visa application?

I work in the Defence industry as a project manager and am hoping there's plenty of choice!!!!!

Any advice would be much appreciated. :D

Paul.

Hi Paul and welcome.

If you are wanting to work in defense or govt projects I'd check first.I think you have to have citizenship before you can work in defense.

Best of luck.

Lisa, Tyke,

Thanks for the warm welcome.

The skilled route is open to me, but i'm just v interested in the sponsored option.

My interest satrted last year at the Farnborough Airshow of all places. The SA Gov had a stand trying to encourage Aerospace Engineers to the Adelaide area. Got speaking to a guy who works in the Office of the Agent General for South Australia based in London. He sold me the idea over a free beer!!!!!!!!!

Been trying to contact him but he's a difficult man to track down. I'm hoping he may be able to put me in contact with defence employers who are prepared to assist in sponsored migration.

Everything about Adelaide looks amazing, the weather, the housing, the relaxed pace of life. Suits me and the family down to the ground.

Paul.

Guest Ian & Tanya

Paul

I'd be careful about going on a temp sponsored, as you dont get the medicare and other benefits you get with a perm sponsored visa, ie ENS (Employer Nominated Scheme) visa.

Although the temp visa, can, if you want to do it quickly, be the best way, as it can take as little as 3 weeks...!!! :shock: but no more than 12.!! The ENS takes longer to get approval. :(

Either way, best of luck.

cheers

Ian

Finally got in touch with the guy from the Agent General for SA based in London today with mixed results.

He definately believes the ENS or RSMS is my best route even if it is initially on a Temp basis. Permanent visa will follow.

Just need to find an Employer that's prepared to sponsor me, fortunately he gave me a couple of leads.

Real early days but as a family we're going for it big time.

Paul.