Help! Recommended Visa/Migration Agents In Adelaide

Guest wcruddas83

Guest wcruddas83

Hi there,

I have been in Adelaide for 6 months with my (Australian) fiancee and we will soon be applying for a de-facto partner visa (subclass 820). I want to ask anyone who has been through the application process (of this or any other visa) if they can recommend a visa/migration agent and give a brief outline of the procedure.

Also if anyone could tell me how long the application process may take and what sort of fees we will be looking at?

Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Wayne

Hi there,

I have been in Adelaide for 6 months with my (Australian) fiancee and we will soon be applying for a de-facto partner visa (subclass 820). I want to ask anyone who has been through the application process (of this or any other visa) if they can recommend a visa/migration agent and give a brief outline of the procedure.

Also if anyone could tell me how long the application process may take and what sort of fees we will be looking at?

Thanks, Wayne

Hi Wayne

How long have you and your GF been a couple for? DIAC insist on a minimum of 12 months in most cases.

I don't know a great deal about the process of obtaining Partner visas. I am told that it is pretty straightforward and if there are no complications then it is perfectly easy to deal with the whole thing by yourselves, meaning that you need not involve a migration agent. Have you studied the DIAC website about this? If not, please follow both of the links below:

http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/family/visa-options.htm

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/books1.htm

Some friends of mine got a Partner visa recently. They did it by themselves and tell me that it was all perfectly straightforward.

Does this help?

Cheers

Gill

Hi Wayne

How long have you and your GF been a couple for? DIAC insist on a minimum of 12 months in most cases.

I don't know a great deal about the process of obtaining Partner visas. I am told that it is pretty straightforward and if there are no complications then it is perfectly easy to deal with the whole thing by yourselves, meaning that you need not involve a migration agent. Have you studied the DIAC website about this? If not, please follow both of the links below:

http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/family/visa-options.htm

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/books1.htm

Some friends of mine got a Partner visa recently. They did it by themselves and tell me that it was all perfectly straightforward.

Does this help?

Cheers

Gill

There is always this legend who has replied to your post....

HG

Guest wcruddas83

Thanks Gill that does help. We have looked on the immigration website and found it to be fairly useful. We were more curious about whether or not it would be worthwhile to go through an agent, for peace of mind as much as anything else. We have been in a relationship for a few months shy of three years and engaged for nearly a year, so in that respect we are definitely eligible.

Thanks for the links

Wayne

Thanks Gill that does help. We have looked on the immigration website and found it to be fairly useful. We were more curious about whether or not it would be worthwhile to go through an agent, for peace of mind as much as anything else. We have been in a relationship for a few months shy of three years and engaged for nearly a year, so in that respect we are definitely eligible.

Thanks for the links

Wayne

Hi Wayne

Thanks for the information above.

Agents' fees vary. From what I've heard, Go Matilda are one of the most reasonably-priced firms and they provide an absolutely first class service in return, so in terms of giving Value for Money I'd say that they are at - or very close to - the top. I don't know the exact amount of their fees but I think that if you fill in their application form, someone from GM will contact you with a firm quote.

http://www.gomatilda.com/contact.cfm

You could also get a quote from Dave Brooking if you wish:

https://www.mara.gov.au/agent/ARDetails.aspx?ud=5751&BackToSearch=True&FolderID=394

Dave is a really interesting man. It is well worth getting to know him because he knows a lot about Australia. Go Matilda acted for him when he got his own visa a few years ago. He'll have seen from them what the client considers a good service to be, so it might be worth asking him for a quote as well.

Cheers

Gill

Guest Ddebs
Hi there,

Thanks, Wayne

Hi Wayne,

I was just wondering how you got on with your visa research?. My partner lives in Australia, and myself and my son are planning a move there later on this year. We have been together for over a year but not living in the same country on a permanent basis!. We have been advised to apply for a fiancee visa as opposed to a de facto partner visa because we haven't been living together.

Really interested to hear of your experience on timelines etc.

Thanks,

Debs :D