Police checks & criminal offences???

Guest Steph&Lee

Guest Steph&Lee

Hi everyone

Could anyone just clarify wether you have to declare speeding fines in the section for criminal offences on the police checks form. My hubby has 2 from about 7yrs ago! I can't get hold of my agent or the police check dept as it is saturday and wanted to post them today.

Thanks

Steph :arghh::policeman:

Guest cornish Busdriver

Easyest way is just to declare everything incase things show up that you havnt delared but they aint worried about speeding fines.

Just put them on the form. I panicked about that too as we both had speeding points etc & I didnt want it to bugger up the application! My hubby went to court for one of his fines too so I just declared absolutely everything and no probs.. They just want the info - it wont make any difference to the visa if they are just normal speeding points and fines, in court or out.

Hope that helps,

Hazel

Guest Steph&Lee

Hi Hazel,

I noticed your OH is a nurse. I too am a nurse in neonatal. I emailed Flinders to see if there were any jobs in neonatal going, but they said not at the moment :( but as we arent getting to Adelaide until the beginning of next year i'm hoping there may be some jobs going by then. Could your hubby find any information out me please in their neonatal unit??

Thanks

Steph

Hi Hazel,

I noticed your OH is a nurse. I too am a nurse in neonatal. I emailed Flinders to see if there were any jobs in neonatal going, but they said not at the moment :( but as we arent getting to Adelaide until the beginning of next year i'm hoping there may be some jobs going by then. Could your hubby find any information out me please in their neonatal unit??

Thanks

Steph

Will PM you Steph.

Hi everyone

Could anyone just clarify wether you have to declare speeding fines in the section for criminal offences on the police checks form. My hubby has 2 from about 7yrs ago! I can't get hold of my agent or the police check dept as it is saturday and wanted to post them today.

Thanks

Steph :arghh::policeman:

No you dont have to mention speeding fines. and wouldnt worry at all as they are over 7yrs old so dont count any more.

In my previous job (in Adelaide) we used to get copies of police checks that our organisation required for all new staff and they always listed if there was a speeding offence. It didn't stop us employing them though but I worked in a place where you may have been required to transport children or other members of the general public and so it was necessary.

Guest Viksta

Just wanted to ask bout things that happened way back in the 70s!! my hubby is a quite a bit older than me and was a bit of a tear away teenager, got into trouble a couple of times!! (nothing major) but he has no idea of any actual dates and things???? What would we do about these? He's not sure they would even be traceable???

Any advice would be good?

Thanks and sorry for intruding thread, just kinda thought it went with it!!

Viks x

Just wanted to ask bout things that happened way back in the 70s!! my hubby is a quite a bit older than me and was a bit of a tear away teenager, got into trouble a couple of times!! (nothing major) but he has no idea of any actual dates and things???? What would we do about these? He's not sure they would even be traceable???

Any advice would be good?

Thanks and sorry for intruding thread, just kinda thought it went with it!!

Viks x

i dont think things like public order offences matter. i think its more like criminal convictions they dont like.

Guest Viksta

Thanks!! Should have prob put late teens/early adulthood!! did end up in court, but as he can't date anything we stuck!! Guess we'll cross that bridge if we get to it!!

Thanks again

Viks x