457 temp to 857 PR

spanners

If this sounds like I'm gloating, I'm not but I would like to know if its just the normal timeline to 857 PR.

I've been here for 10 months on my (rather my wife's 457 business visa - she works for the University). After 6 months probation we could apply for sponsored PR but we did generally doing nothing for 3 months. A few weeks ago we decided to send off for out UK police checks, on their arrival we then went for our medicals in Adelaide and then sent off the visa application. A confirmation of receipt letter arrived a few days later and then 4 days after that an e mail came stating PR had been granted. I reckon it took less than 10 days from sending the application to PR being granted.

Too easy - as the locals rather annoying say!

Guest Squareman

But didn't you have to be nominated by South Australia first, before your app went to Sydney? I'm going through the same process now and SA Immigration said that it takes an absolute MINIMUM of 28 days just for them to pass on the nomination to Sydney. What gives?

Guest Squareman

The Uni obivously did that part of it. You have to be nominated under the RSMS programme, but still, it must only have taken the 10 days for the latter part of the process. Holy crap Batman, that was fast! Hope I get the same treatment!

Guest shella_n

We f going from 457 to 856 and it feels like it's taking forever. The nomination was granted 2 weeks ago but we still haven't had an email yet to say c/o been allocated ands it's not an on- line application so can't see if any progress has been made - very frustrating! Wish we had done a 176 now as those seem to be flying through.

Congrats to you though.

Would love to hear from anyone else waiting on a 856 to compare timelines.

Thanks michelle

Guest Squareman

My migration said that it wil take anything from 5 - 8 months. So don't hold your breath. Unless you get lucky, like Spanners......

I reckon the 5 - 8 months time quoted is just a standard time frame used to stop people calling to see if their visa has been granted yet. If your going form 457 to RSMS 857 then you're obviously wanted by the state so why would they drag their heels?

Guest shella_n

Damn, wish we had gone for rsms rather than ens but a migration agent told me that rsms was really hard to get - obviously shouldn't have listened to him then!