In Shock/state of dibelief

Guest fishes20

Guest fishes20

Hi All

I am not using an agent, so I just need a little help here, I paid for my 176visa on line Friday 19th May and filled in all the questions. Then went to Devon for a week and came back Saturday just gone. I uploaded all my Docs on Sunday night and this morning found we have a case officer:eek:. Now I have a request for further docs or info, and it says meds and police checks, which I understand is part of the process, but I thought with doing this myself I would need other things, because we have a defacto relationship thats quite complex, see we were actually married then divorced and we then got back together and have beeen together ever since and had our 2 lovely children together, I did not send one single certified document regarding our relationship!!!!.

Soooooo I suppose my question is this... Do DIAC only ask for Police checks and Medicals if all other conditions have been met?

Its just I keep looking for other things and cant find anything LOL perhaps I have just done everything right and am worrying for nothing:arghh:

Hope all this makes sense lol. I will add to the visa lodged section later, just off to work now!!!

Jase, Vicky, Ben and Rose

:) From the posts I have read, yes, that's all they need now.

Amazing news - congrats on the CO!

So you didn't get your de facto statements certified? Our agent says we must, which obviously means the people who have done them have to trail to the solicitors.....:skeptical:

Anyway, looks like you'll be booking flights in no time!

Rachael x

Guest guest3462

Once they have requested police checks and medicals they are at the end of their checklist. If they needed further info they would ask for it and you only need to prove that you have lived together as a family for one year. Good luck with the last few things!

Guest Opportunities
Hi All

I am not using an agent, so I just need a little help here, I paid for my 176visa on line Friday 19th May and filled in all the questions. Then went to Devon for a week and came back Saturday just gone. I uploaded all my Docs on Sunday night and this morning found we have a case officer:eek:. Now I have a request for further docs or info, and it says meds and police checks, which I understand is part of the process, but I thought with doing this myself I would need other things, because we have a defacto relationship thats quite complex, see we were actually married then divorced and we then got back together and have beeen together ever since and had our 2 lovely children together, I did not send one single certified document regarding our relationship!!!!.

Soooooo I suppose my question is this... Do DIAC only ask for Police checks and Medicals if all other conditions have been met?

Its just I keep looking for other things and cant find anything LOL perhaps I have just done everything right and am worrying for nothing:arghh:

Hope all this makes sense lol. I will add to the visa lodged section later, just off to work now!!!

Jase, Vicky, Ben and Rose

Great news on the CO! Don't find fault where there is nothing to look for! Right now the CO is in charge and if he does not need anymore proof of your relationship, who are you to question him...LOL! Just move along... Meds and PCC's is at the END of his list.

We too were very fortunate, he only requested Meds and PCC's although I was thinking that he would want an Unabbridged Marriage Certificate with parent's names on as well, but I loaded our non-unabbridged Marriage Certificate and he accepted it. Funny thing is, I still have not received it from my Department of Home Affairs in South Africa and our visa was granted on 12/05/11!

Good luck with the last hurdle!

Karen

x:cute:

Guest fishes20

Thanks everyone, I think it was more to do with finding out at 4.30 am, when I had just got up for work, I still had crusts on my eyes lol, could not even think straight.

feel better now, just downloaded all the forms, will try to book meds tomorrow.

Thanks again everyone

Jase