176 docs

Guest pixie7

Guest pixie7

Hi all,

just a few questions about 176 visa-

Can we lodge visa and then upload docs a few days later?? (still waiting on OH passport- due any day and 1 reference for my job)

I realise visa £1600 ish rounding up to £1700 but do we have to pay any additional fee at all? NOt sure how much to transfer onto card.

Thanks

Got SS today and very excited and a bit lost as to what to do first!!

Ours was the 175 but I imagine its similar re the lodgement. We lodged and then I didnt start uploading and attaching docs until a day or so later. I think in the automated response they send you via email that it tells you how long you have to attatch everything. Definately took me over a week to get all the bits and bobs done. I was still waiting for some docs to be sent to me when we lodged as well so it may have been about 2weeks later that I'd done everything. Not sure about the fees for you, but with us I dont think there was anything else to pay for (apart from police checks and medicals when they are asked for) - just the plane tickets!!

Hope that helps a bit.

Hazel.

Guest Viksta

Just to let you know our agent said we can't do anything until we have Toby's passport (but he doesn't have one at all as he's only 8 months old) might be different if you are just waiting for a new one!

Congrats again!

Guest dc79

I have sent all my docs over to agent but he is insisting that bank statments should be original certified copies. We do not recieve statments in the post as all banking done online so sent him printed copies of bank statments but he wants originals so I have to get on to the bank tomorrow and pay for originals. Did anyone else have this prooblem and if so how did you get round it.

Guest teresa lynch

HI

We were able supply Colour scanned and emailed copies as our agent said these are as good as certified copies. It certainly saves money getting everything certified by a solicitor even if it took several hours and numerous emails to get all the attachments to the agent!! It was obviously good enough for the Dept of Immegration as we were fast tracked just 10 days after we lodged the 176 application and backing documents!

Had our medicals on Tuesday (31st May) and sent police checks off a couple of weeks ago so now playing the waiting game. Which isn't good for your nerves or getting sleep and I thought having twins was a big cause for sleep deprevation this is worse!

Let me know how thing go with the application. I know it was hard work getting all our proof of marriage together as they want so much and like you said a lot of things are now online based rather than hard copies.

A word of advice when you get to book medicals - shop around if you have more than one centre that you can use as we had a option of two and the price difference for our family of five was £200. Also before you fill out the paper forms and get yet more passport photo's taken for the meds (adaults and over 11's will need two each under 11's just one photo) check if you have been registered on E-health because if you have you won't need either the photo's or forms as the clinic will take your photo and upload it on the day of the medical and also fill out the form online when they see you.

Hope this helps.

Teresa