Shipping the cat over!

Jay & Lou

Hi there is a company called Ladyhaye in Manchester i have being in touch with and they are sending us a Quote. The telephone number is 0161 3327021 ext 2 ,they can pick up from your home fly the cats to Melbourne and arrange Quarentine although this has to be paid seperate.,i should have a price back today but this will be for 2 cats sharing a box.

Guest boesman

Please let us know the costs if you don't mind. We have a poody too and is still considering if we can afford to take her or not. Thanks!

Please let us know the costs if you don't mind. We have a poody too and is still considering if we can afford to take her or not. Thanks!

These are the prices quoted for 2 cats sharing a box picked up from our house in west yorkshire

Flight £595

Travel box £75

NES HM fee £30

Vet sealing fee £120 per box

Meet at LHR £70

Import permits £430

Agency fee £120

Airline handling fee £120

Fuel surcharge £15

Collection from home £275

These are the prices quoted for 2 cats sharing a box picked up from our house in west yorkshire

Flight £595

Travel box £75

NES HM fee £30

Vet sealing fee £120 per box

Meet at LHR £70

Import permits £430

Agency fee £120

Airline handling fee £120

Fuel surcharge £15

Collection from home £275

Plus quarantine at $50 dollars a day for both

Guest boesman

It seems that poody will need to stay at these rates! How can i take a cat for that money it I could feed a few children in Africa for that money....? (Just my own conviction guys).

OMG!!! That's a ridiculous amount of money!

Do remember that cats aren't allowed outside at night in case they eat the wildlife.

I know that cats are discouraged to be let out at night but it's not illegal (perhaps in the hills or outback?) not in our area anyway.

Guest katsmajic

We used Jets4pets, brilliant service, very helpful. Cost us 1200gbp to bring Mr B over, plus $600 quarantine, $160 flight over from Melly to Adelaide.

We kept him in at nights etc - only for him to be run over outside our house (a quiet road) at 8am just as we were leaving for school...horrid!

We have friends who left their cats with family - get regular updates and 'chat' to them on Skype...

Guest katsmajic

Cats can go out at night time - i think theyre restricted in the hills etc - but i really wouldnt want my cats out at night.

Alot of aussies are NOT cat lovers and ive seen them swerve to hit a cat in the road - farmers and industrial areas will let feral cats live onsite to keep vermin down but thats it...cats kill alot of the natural wildlife here, which makes them very unpopular....i know a few aussies who have had their cats poisoned/baited/trapped. My aussie neighbours have a cat run in their garden to stop theirs leaving the garden - something we are in the process of making for ours.

Guest helene73

Christ on a bike I have just added up based on your quote what my 4 cats would cost, and I have a dog as well!! Looks like we would be looking at nearly £10,000 altogether :( I love my little fur babies but it's a lot of money when your starting a new life!!

We have discussed finding homes before for them which breaks my heart as they are part of the family but I can't justify spending that amount of money for all of them 2 of the cats and the dog are knocking on now and dont think they would be up for the journey and I couldn't choose one over the other to come, feel very sad now :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...