Passport

Guest Diana

Guest Diana

Hello to everyone.i need a bit of advice.My son passport is expiring in 6 of November 2011(start to prepare doc's for his new passport now).But we will apply to PR in middle of Novebmer 2011.

So my question is:when applying for 887 visa with his new passport which will not have a 475 visa in(old one will be with visa label)Or what should i do now.I thought need to notify DIAC about passport changes which will happen before PR...Sorry so confusing.:arghh:

Thank's:notworthy:

Guest SusieOR

We were told the visa details will be automatically transferred over to the new passport (in the background so to speak)... he wont get a new sticker but they will still know he has the visa on the system!

you may still need to let DIAC know & there is a change of details form you can fill out...

Having said that we are on different visa to you guys so I wouldnt be 100%, so perhaps some one else would be able to tell you for def!!!

Good Luck

I had a problem with my passport and visa at Malaysian airlines checkin when we migrated here. I'd changed my details, told them, got my visa... number didn't match and I very nearly thought I didn't get on the plane. Somehow they made phonecalls and found out the info they needed but the Australian visa was wrong in my passport. So do be careful and double check it. It still works now (something was obviously changed on the system so I haven't had the problem again, leaving and coming back to Aus) but wow that was a scary wait while my passport was taken away and no-one came back for ages.

Guest taunton

Just keep old passport..

We have renewed one in OZ and 2 in UK and by both countires was told to keep old passport and present it with new and there would be know problems...... the new passports are the chip and pin, so old details should be transfered onto new , or so I'm told, I hope it's right are we are returning to OZ at the end of the month and out of four of us we have 3 new passports...

wend:cute::daydreaming::cute::D