New points for visa!!!!

Bevev's

Well, after being completely gutted at the fact that ANMAC are taking so long and SS is closed for the time being I have just seen the points system for the new requirements from July 2011 and if im not completely delirious, it looks like I don't need SS to apply for visa!!

Am I right, is it only 65 points required to apply for 175 visa? If so, I don't have to spend even more time waiting on SS to restart and approve as I was originally intending to apply for 176. God I hope I'm right! Any advice gratefully received.:shocked:

Guest Adelaide_bound

Yep, you only need 65 points for both 176 and 175 visas - however, 175 visas are either Priority 3 or 4 (depending on if your job is on the SOL or not/removed), whereas the 176 is a Priority 2 (as it has State Sponsorship), so the 176 goes through faster than a 175.

It might not make a vast amount of difference between group 2 and 3 after July though, as 'they' predict there will be fewer applications and therefore more of group 3 will get round to being processed - and at the worst anyway it should be between 12 -18 months if you are group 3 apparently :)

Guest vicky_1970

I looked at this and am confused too !! I have 65 points but my job is not on the SOL. I am planning to apply for a 176 visa so not sure whether I need state sponsorship or not - confused !!!

Vicky

Guest helene73
I looked at this and am confused too !! I have 65 points but my job is not on the SOL. I am planning to apply for a 176 visa so not sure whether I need state sponsorship or not - confused !!!

Vicky

Hi Vicky I think if your occupation is on the sol you can apply for a 175 if not it is a 176 if your occupation is on the smp's, I think that's about right but someone will soon correct me if I am wrong :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

Guest vicky_1970

Thanks helene73

Is your job on the new SOL or are you having to go for a 176 visa too ? Have you managed to get SA SS yet - I see you submitted it, or do they just stop processing it cos of your job being taken off the list ?

I thought I understood all this !!

Vicky

Guest Adelaide_bound
Hi Vicky I think if your occupation is on the sol you can apply for a 175 if not it is a 176 if your occupation is on the smp's, I think that's about right but someone will soon correct me if I am wrong :)

No correcting from me - just wanted to add though - your job has to be on Schedule 3 of the SOL (or SOL 3 as I call it) for the 175 and it does have to be on the Schedule 4 of the SOL for the 176 visa (and on the relevant State's SMP) but this is a lot longer than the SOL 3.

:)

Guest vicky_1970

Thanks - it is on the SOL 4 and SMP for SA. I presume the new SOL has replaced the SOL 3 and there are no changes to the SOL 4 ??!!

Guest helene73
Thanks helene73

Is your job on the new SOL or are you having to go for a 176 visa too ? Have you managed to get SA SS yet - I see you submitted it, or do they just stop processing it cos of your job being taken off the list ?

I thought I understood all this !!

Vicky

Hi Vicky I have to go for a 176 as hairdressers have not been in the sol for a few years (so my VA tells me)

I have to go in state sponsored, I was 3 weeks in with my SA SS when they filled the quota's for hairdressers :( but as soon as it opens again we are lodging again, I am now 5 points short under the new points system so I have to take IELTS to make them up, but it could be worse!!! How are you getting on? :)

Guest vicky_1970

Just desperately waiting for SA SS to open up again - all ready to go and with the visa I think !!

I'm also trying to find a list of what documents are required to be uploaded for a 176 online visa application with no joy. Might post a thread unless you or anyone else knows ??!!

I think the IELTS is a good thing to do anyway - will give you more points. It is scary to think of taking a test and I was v nervous but like I said before as long as you're not complacent about it, practice, and READ the question and see excatly what it is asking for, you'll do fine !! i thought I had totally messed mine up and managed to get a 9 overall.

Vicky

Guest Adelaide_bound
Just desperately waiting for SA SS to open up again - all ready to go and with the visa I think !!

I'm also trying to find a list of what documents are required to be uploaded for a 176 online visa application with no joy. Might post a thread unless you or anyone else knows ??!!

Here is the paper check-list - I would have thought the online will be the same (I haven't lodged online yet, but am working off this list), but not certified copies, just scanned in versions (and only one photo, as you can just upload the same picture twice)

Hope that helps :D

Guest guest7049
Well' date=' after being completely gutted at the fact that ANMAC are taking so long and SS is closed for the time being I have just seen the points system for the new requirements from July 2011 and if im not completely delirious, it looks like I don't need SS to apply for visa!!

Am I right, is it only 65 points required to apply for 175 visa? If so, I don't have to spend even more time waiting on SS to restart and approve as I was originally intending to apply for 176. God I hope I'm right! Any advice gratefully received.:shocked:[/quote']

We're in exactly the same position we didn't realise you get 10 points for a succesful skills assesment on the new points system so can lodge without SS, the visa may take a little longer though.

Guest RobJ1978

Gosh i didn't realise the 175 could POTENTIALLY be got within a year.....best treat this christmas as though it will be the last in the UK!!!!!! eekk i'm quite scared now.x.

Guest helene73
Gosh i didn't realise the 175 could POTENTIALLY be got within a year.....best treat this christmas as though it will be the last in the UK!!!!!! eekk i'm quite scared now.x.

Scary yes but soooooo exciting for you too :) good luck