Removal Firms....any reccommendations??

leelee53

Hello,

We are nearing the end of our visa journey, and should hopefully be granted approval by the end of the month ;o)

Just wanted to ask who people have used recently to ship over their goods? How far in advance did you need to book them? How long does it take to ship the goods over? Im thinking we will take up half a container, any idea on the cost for this? Any advice much appreciated.

Lisa

x

Guest Mary

I've just read about 4 removal firms on another forum: EuroMove, Crown, Austromar, Interdean. EuroMove and Crown were named as the most professional and consumer friendly companies.

The delivery of 4 m3 goods takes about 2.5-3 months, and costs around 1600 EUR from door to door (from Central-Europe to Gold Cost) + insurance.

I hope I could help.

Guest AceOfSpades

Hi there, I have been researching this alot recently. One of the best ones I have found is a company based in Chesterfield, Derbyshire - they quoted £2000 for a container which compared to many others was very good. Maybe of use to you - give them a call. I am sure they also said that the shipping would be 4 weeks but don't quote me on that.

Elite Shipping Limited International Shipping & Air Freight

Unit One, Clarence Industrial Estate, Eastside Road,

Whittington Moor, Chesterfield, Derbyshire S41 9AT

Tel. +44 (0) 1246 451231

Fax. +44 (0) 1246 451870 Email: enquiries@eliteshipping.co.uk

Hope all goes well and keep th bed warm - we should be over there not too long after you!

Guest ctomo808

we used Pickfords and they were fab as they have branches in Australia. Cost us 3k for half container and it took 7 weeks to get to us, highly recommended :)

Have PM'd you lee regarding our bad experience where items stolen etc.

Dont want PIA getting legals

Funny...we had 'lost' items too, a lot of damage caused by their lack of packing skills...currently seeking compensation through BAR (as they tried to brush us off with 'well you have insurance') and also sorting an insurance claim - wish me luck, think I'm gonna need it :huh:

That said some have had a good experience with the same company, just luck of who you get to pack at the end of the day I spose :sad:

We had a shared container so maybe had to wait longer as a result, however they picked up ealy Nov and it came through mid March.

I recommend:

• Insurance
  • Photographs - of items before packing, during and after (unpacking in Oz)
  • Write everything / journal?
  • Write an inventory of all things you enjoy around you (not just valuables) - I've somehow 'lost' my entire Harry Potter book collection but cant prove anything!
  • Mark of the inventory and receipt as 'unchecked'

Best of luck xxx