Anyone not SS?

Guest TH82

Hi guys,

We have just lodged our Independent Skilled application. After reading everyone's posts, it seems as if we are the only ones not going State Sponsored. Is there anyone else going Independent? xx

Guest Becster19

Hi Tracy, no your not alone. We are going Independent too. For state sponsorship only certain subjects are sponsored in Secondary teaching so we cant get SS. The good news is Independent visas are moving a lot quicker than they used to. How far along the process are you?

We only just submitted our application on Tues (Wednesday Australia time). We were planning to go SS at one point but our Agent convinced us not to. I have a year left of my HND and he said SS are processed so quickly we wouldn't be ready to go in that time, he said if we went Independent by the time we were ready to go our visa would most likely be in and we would have the freedom of going where we wanted.

When did you lodge Becci? Have you been given an idea of timescales? Our Agent said 18 months as a ballpark estimate but could be a little less xx

Guest Becster19

We haven't lodged yet. We are waiting for the 1st of July and the new points as we are much better off and it meant we could go through me rather than my OH, which is a cheaper way to go as his skills assessment is really expensive. My agent told me the other day she has just has an Independent visa finalised within 9 months!! They are going really quick at the moment as due to there being a low number of applications last year with all the changes that came in, they have caught up with a lot of the backlog apparently. She thinks it may stay that way for a while so it should be good for us, fingers crossed. I do like the freedom aspect as well as although we are planning to go to Adelaide as we loved it when we lived their previously, if a great job came up somewhere else, it would be good that we had options.

We haven't lodged yet. We are waiting for the 1st of July and the new points as we are much better off and it meant we could go through me rather than my OH, which is a cheaper way to go as his skills assessment is really expensive. My agent told me the other day she has just has an Independent visa finalised within 9 months!! They are going really quick at the moment as due to there being a low number of applications last year with all the changes that came in, they have caught up with a lot of the backlog apparently. She thinks it may stay that way for a while so it should be good for us, fingers crossed. I do like the freedom aspect as well as although we are planning to go to Adelaide as we loved it when we lived their previously, if a great job came up somewhere else, it would be good that we had options.

That's excellent Becci, our visas should be arriving roughly the same time then, we'll be having those cocktails before we know it :D . We plan on going to Adelaide too but my husband likes to have the freedom as he says you never know what will happen in the future. I'm so excited about it all, can't stop thinking about it, feels unreal that we have actually put the application in x

Guest Becster19

Most definitely. Keep in touch with how your getting on as Im sure we will be going through things at quite a similar time.

Right off to find some cocktail recipes....;)

Hiya tracy we are going on a 175 visa ....

just waiting for o/h meds to clear got refered on the 10th may .

hope all goes well for you .

carolyn

That's great Carolyn, it will be there before you know it. Can I ask how long the process took from putting your application in to going for meds?

x

Tracy , we started all the paper work in aug 08 , all the dates were full for the practical so couldnt get on it till feb 09 ( hubby is a joiner).

lodged in june 09 and it took us till the 10th of may 2011 to get our meds done .

its been a very very long journey , but fingers crossed we are nearly there !!!!!!

how about youself ????

we have sold our house and have to be out by the end of june. got to move in with my mum till we get our visa . .

xxx

Tracy , we started all the paper work in aug 08 , all the dates were full for the practical so couldnt get on it till feb 09 ( hubby is a joiner).

lodged in june 09 and it took us till the 10th of may 2011 to get our meds done .

its been a very very long journey , but fingers crossed we are nearly there !!!!!!

how about youself ????

we have sold our house and have to be out by the end of june. got to move in with my mum till we get our visa . .

xxx

The longer the wait, the more precious when it's here hun. We started our paperwork in 2007 and have stuck with it on and off ever since, we've had a fair amount of bad luck which forced us to put it on hold, didn't think we were ever going to get the application in, all feels a bit unreal to be honest, goodness knows what I'll be like when the visa arrives! x

Same here, i'm at the desperate stage though they might give me the visa if I promise not to run naked lol I'll look forward to those drinks, I can almost taste them x