Nearing the end?!.....

leelee53

Hello peeps,

Well, this coming week we will trek down to Birmingham for our meds. After this, we have done all we can, and will only need to sit and await the decision. Aaggh! ..... Im not stressing over the meds as im sure all will be fine. Still dont think I will truly believe we will be emigrating until the word 'approved' appears on our application, or until the house is sold. Really hoping to be out there before Xmas, as I would love to spend this year with my family (3 sisters and folks live in Perth). I have sooo much to think about at the min, (as Im sure many of us do) and lots more things to put in place and arrange before we actually book the flights. I just keep thinking about the end result, and tell myself that the stress will all be worth while! Anyway, just wanted to post an update on our situation, as dont feel like i've chatted on here much lately! All the best to those still playing the waiting game, just keep the desired goal in mind at all times!

Lisa

x;)

Good luck with the meds...

Can I ask why you are going all the way from Huddersfield to Birmingham?

You must pass at least 3 places that can do your meds on that journey.

Well there was two years ago when we lived in the UK.

The stress is worth it and your life will slow down once you get here.

Rob and Mel

Guest taunton

If you get to spend christmas with family the stress will be foregotten the minute you wrap your arms around them.

Good luck with the meds, that is the last major hurdle...you could be booking flights sooner than you think...

Hope all goes well, and you are where you want to be for xmas

GOOD LUCK :D

Guest Steph&Lee

Hi Lisa,

We had our meds at B-ham last wednesday. It wasn't too bad. Just gota wait aprrox 2 weeks (1 week nearly gone!) for results on chest x-rays and bloods. We too are awaiting that 'approved' message!! Parking there is tight with only approx 6 spaces on front as it is on the main road, so get there a little earlier just incase there are no spaces and you'll have to drive to find somewhere to park.

Good luck with your meds

Steph

Many thanks for the good wishes ;o)

Rob n Mel....wecould choose to go to Manchester or B'ham, these were the closest ones to us as we had to select a panel doctor from the DIAC website. So annoying as all 3 sisters had their meds in HUDDERSFIELD! Ah well, its a bit of a road trip too I suppose!

Taunton...cant wait to be booking those flights!

Steph...thankyou so much for that info, will def set off a bit earlier to try and get a space. Can I ask, did you pay extra for them to upload the results online or are they just sending hard copies in the post? How long were you in there? Im hoping we wont be waiting around once in there!

Thanks alot for the replies,

Lisa ;o)

Guest Steph&Lee

HI Lisa,

Think we paid an extra £10 each to upload general info online and think it was extra £15 each for electronic xrays sent. We paid that as I didnt want to risk our info being lost in the post. There are 4 of us and although the actual treatments were really quick, it was the hanging around between, We got there at 1pm and didnt go in until bout 1:30pm, we were out of there by bout 3pm. It wasnt too bad really.

Let me know how you get on

Steph x

Guest MasterEales
Hi Lisa,

We had our meds at B-ham last wednesday. It wasn't too bad. Just gota wait aprrox 2 weeks (1 week nearly gone!) for results on chest x-rays and bloods. We too are awaiting that 'approved' message!! Parking there is tight with only approx 6 spaces on front as it is on the main road, so get there a little earlier just incase there are no spaces and you'll have to drive to find somewhere to park.

Good luck with your meds

Steph

we had ours at b-ham on the 6th, have to wait until the 20th when they will upload them...we did phone them yesterday and they had our results acouple of days and will upload on monday.

Strange thing is, online status on diac site says they received medicals, but both diac and b-ham havent uploaded anything...